E* forceing CH 101 on me....

Nobody complains that they can't lock out the D500 channel.

I had not notice that thanks for pointing it out that was another channel I had locked and now I can not lock any more. So now I am complaining about that one too.

Like I said this is just the beginning.

Oh my god. Of all the things you can complain about , this is not one of them. They simply recorded a recording to help you be informed about how to use video on demand. IF this one thing is causing you this much distress , I would hate to how you react to the f*cked up billing issues I have to go through every time I use the FREE HBO/Starz promotion. I have had to call every month to get my credit reapplied to make my bill right. Now this is something to bitch about. I keep saying to the csr from India: How can my bill be HIGHER now that I have FREE Hbo/Starz then it was before ? They can't comprehend what the hell I am talking about. I have to yell and scream and threaten to cancel to get it straight each month on two of my DISH accounts. Luckily it will be over this month and I can cancel before the next months bill is generated.

I had not notice that thanks for pointing it out that was another channel I had locked and now I can not lock any more. So now I am complaining about that one too.

Like I said this is just the beginning.

Next thing you know you won't be able to lock out D129.

Oh my god. Of all the things you can complain about , this is not one of them. They simply recorded a recording to help you be informed about how to use video on demand. IF this one thing is causing you this much distress , I would hate to how you react to the f*cked up billing issues I have to go through every time I use the FREE HBO/Starz promotion. I have had to call every month to get my credit reapplied to make my bill right. Now this is something to bitch about. I keep saying to the csr from India: How can my bill be HIGHER now that I have FREE Hbo/Starz then it was before ? They can't comprehend what the hell I am talking about. I have to yell and scream and threaten to cancel to get it straight each month on two of my DISH accounts. Luckily it will be over this month and I can cancel before the next months bill is generated.

HELLLOOOOOO MCFLY

As I have stated over and over again I could CARELESS ABOUT THE RECORDED COMMERICALS. This thread and my complaint is about E* now making ch 101 and ch 9500 unlockable. I stated this in the last sentence of my first post. Duhhhhh

BTW In the 8 years that I have been with E* I have never ever had a problem with a bill a receiver or any thing else. I was upset about the whole distant net fiasco but that was it.

E* is IMO the best DBS company out there. I just hate that they are now making certian channels unlockable.

Attachments

• 010201011605010300200806135c1a25728b118d5e8b00a5f7.jpg
    010201011605010300200806135c1a25728b118d5e8b00a5f7.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 85
  • tinfoil-hat.jpg
    tinfoil-hat.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 111

Sorry you feel that way, but I am not a troll nor do you see me writting about a grandoise conspricy. I seldom post here or on the other site, but when I discovered that a channel I had locked is now unlocakable it got me upset.

Im upset about the remote control sat tv aux buttons lighting red when I push them. Its waste of battery life and means I will have to replace them one day earlier than I otherwise would have. Dish has no right to take away that extra day of battery life and I think they should repay me for the trouble of having to buy an extra set in 2015. :neener

But seriously folks, this topic is great for a sarcastic comment or two about any potential non-issue but nothing more. Yes this is a Dish specific channel that they operate themselves. If however, as suggested they did it for any broadcaster to override such things (shopping channels, as said) then it would be a bothersome precedent. Those that pay are guaranteed that people cannot lock out or hide the channels on personal lists. Its similar, for example, to broadcasters paying Dish to guarantee people cant skip commercials on their DVR. If there was no fast-forward from the very beginning then so be it. But since its a function we already have, well.....

No all the bills are paid the kids are fed and the wife is content and happy, nothing else to do but this really.

which is why this thread is so sad!

As I have stated over and over again I could CARELESS ABOUT THE RECORDED COMMERICALS. This thread and my complaint is about E* now making ch 101 and ch 9500 unlockable. I stated this in the last sentence of my first post. Duhhhhh...

After all the complaining here and at the other site, I was thinking that you couldn't care less, but I see here you think you could... ;)

No all the bills are paid the kids are fed and the wife is content and happy, nothing else to do but this really.

Why don't you just grow up. I never watch that channel and could care less what you watch or don't watch. This forum if for stuff that matters not your rantings about not being able to lock it out. Get on with your life and if you don't like what E* is doing leave. THEY are not forcing anything on you. You are making a big deal out of nothing.

I got a complaint about that OLD LAME ASS Video On Demand recording that didn't one time mention if you connect your receiver to the internet you would get over 4000 VOD choices.
Great information E*. Glad to see they are right on top of things.:rolleyes:

If you are not interested in learning what else you have available to you, it is your loss and you should just learn how to skip over the channel.
He knows how. He locks them out, and hides locked channels. But, now, they won't let him do that with 101.

If I ever wonder what Charlie had for dinner, I just hafta check the noses of some of you folks on these forums the following day.

If however, as suggested they did it for any broadcaster to override such things (shopping channels, as said) then it would be a bothersome precedent.

That is eaxactly what this can lead to.

If you people can not see the big picture then that is fine but when E* makes other channels unlockable and it pisses off the right person like Scott or someonelse in that league then I will gladly remind you people of this thread.

I am upset because this is just the beginning.

One example is the movie theaters showing commercials before the movie. They never did that before, then they did that first commercial for coke and no one complained, then they added another one and no one complained next thing you know they run commercial blocks of upto 10 mins before the movie starts.

My local chain started with 1 or 2 ads...and people complained, and now they have none. They still run video BEFORE the showtime that has some ads in it, but once the lights go down, it's straight into previews. If I go to the movies when I'm on vacation, I'm shocked at the amount of ads they have. The concession prices/sizes are disgusting too...some don't even have prices on the menu! Apparently people in other cities just put up with this, though at least in bigger cities, they can usually take their business to another chain. So I totally agree, people need to stand up to their local theatre chain!

I'm not sure what this has to do with the topic, though. I mean, who gives an R.A. whether or not I can lock out one stupid channel I never noticed was there to begin with. Stop wasting your time whining about it and go write a complaint letter to your local theatre. Geez...

My local chain started with 1 or 2 ads...and people complained, and now they have none. They still run video BEFORE the showtime that has some ads in it, but once the lights go down, it's straight into previews. If I go to the movies when I'm on vacation, I'm shocked at the amount of ads they have. The concession prices/sizes are disgusting too...some don't even have prices on the menu! Apparently people in other cities just put up with this, though at least in bigger cities, they can usually take their business to another chain. So I totally agree, people need to stand up to their local theatre chain!

I'm not sure what this has to do with the topic, though. I mean, who gives an R.A. whether or not I can lock out one stupid channel I never noticed was there to begin with. Stop wasting your time whining about it and go write a complaint letter to your local theatre. Geez...

What it has to do with this topic is if no one complains about the loss of the choice to lock any channel in the guide then E* will step it up to the next level.

See this is how it all begins, first they make 101 and 9500 unlockable. Then they make the shop at home channels unlockable, the next thing you know when ESPN or Disney or viacom's contract is up part of the new contract is all our channels must be kept in the main guides at all times no exceptions.

...See this is how it all begins, first they make 101 and 9500 unlockable. Then they make the shop at home channels unlockable, the next thing you know when ESPN or Disney or viacom's contract is up part of the new contract is all our channels must be kept in the main guides at all times no exceptions.

and since I don't use the locks anyway, I COULDN'T care less about whether they allow or don't allow channels to be locked.

I'm pretty sure the channel locking feature is to prevent watching certain stations due to questionable content. I doubt you are worried about your precious snowflake watching something horrible on the Dish FYI channel, or the D500 channel.

The favorites is the feature you want to use. And apparently you are.

I'm betting they had people calling up with questions about ordering PPV, DVR functionality and the like, and referred them to the tutorials on 101. But they probably discovered that some had locked the channel, so they made it unlockable.