E* forceing CH 101 on me....

cj9788 have you considered that maybe your acting like a jerk about this whole issue? it is something to consider because really no one else has come out about this and your so unwillingly stubborn to even consider the suggestions that others have offered up as an option to solve your problem. Yes some of can be jerks while others are life long card holding members of the club, basically you are alone on your stand about this and while we can all agree that it sucks when our provider makes a change that bugs us in the grand scheme of things this change has no negative impact at all what so ever on the functionality of the receivers or service that dish network provides to its customer base such as would be found with certain software updates or faulty high dollar receivers or the removal of receivers from sales that actually worked and worked well.

Good luck on your crusade but I really do encourage you to stand back and look at this from outside of yourself.

Not sure I should even touch this topic but I will. The reason why I think they don't let you lock channel 101 is that it is used as a fall back channel when a channel has been active too long with a ratings lock screen visible. I would rather they do this than allow the lock screen to stay on my screen and burn in. My guess is this is the way they have it programmed so it doesn't just jump to the next available channel which could also have questionable content but possible be missed by a ratings lock.

With the exception of my a$$hole comment which i deleted and maybe the Mcfly comment I do not see how I was a jerk, as to solutions I was never looking for one. The reason I started this was that E* took away the lock feature for ch 101 and 9500. People ganged up on me because I was upset by this and felt like writting about it here and at the other forum. Not my problem that others thought my complaint trival and a waste of time and bandwidth. My goodness makes me wonder why people post here at all, I expected rude crass comments in the pit but never here on the big forum.

People have offered valid reasons for why E* made the change, and from what I found out on the other forum the newer recievers like the 622/722 never allowed subs to lock and hide 101. So if this is the way it is then it is the way it is, but unless they ban me Then I will post what bothers me when it bothers me.

Not sure I should even touch this topic but I will. The reason why I think they don't let you lock channel 101 is that it is used as a fall back channel when a channel has been active too long with a ratings lock screen visible. I would rather they do this than allow the lock screen to stay on my screen and burn in. My guess is this is the way they have it programmed so it doesn't just jump to the next available channel which could also have questionable content but possible be missed by a ratings lock.
Another reasonable and intelligent resply. That makes two in this thread of 70 posts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)