E* hits a home run with me with latest offer.....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BobMurdoch

Playing XBoxOne SeriesX/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Brielle, NJ
OK, here's my situation.....

Before 11/29:
I've got a Dish500 looking at 110/119 and a Dish300 looking at 61.5. They feed into a SW64 which then feeds a 721 and 2 Dishplayers. I want to add another receiver in my house but my ports are maxed out on the SW64. I figure it will cost me $500+ to upgrade to the additional receiver due to a new SW64, 3 switches to split 110, 119, and 61.5, plus the cabling and labor.

Then I hear about THE Deal. Extend my commitment 2 years and E* will (holds breath), Give me a 510 free and clear (AEP here so no PVR fee), give me a SW64, give me the three other switches to split the dish feeds, give me the cabling, and the professional install. My cost.... ZIP as I was going nowhere anyway so the commitment was a no brainer.

On 11/29...

The installer (who I find out is based in Brick, NJ... a mere 5 minutes from Brielle and who is now going to be my installer of choice if I make any changes that E* doesn't pay for), sees my SW64 hanging loose down in my basement and says that he'll make sure all the things he has to do will look neat when he is done. He asks for a small square scrap piece of plywood that he drills into the cinder block wall. He mounts my SW64, the new SW64, and the three smaller switches to spilt the feeds. He runs all the wires and snakes the cable to the new bedroom receiver neatly. When it is all done, it is a thing of beauty as all the wires are neat, the smaller switches are labeled with which satellite (110/119/61.5) they are receiving, and the receiver is put into place. I swapped my Dishplayer to my daughter's room (the new outlet) and took the new 510 for the master bedroom. Everything works fine on the first try. It takes about 2.5 hours.

Charlie gets grief when he gets it wrong, so he is going to get huge accolades for doing this right. It cost me $0 out of pocket, and the additional TV only cost me the $5 additional receiver fee per month. I've discovered a new installer who impressed the hell out of me with his professionalism and talent, as well as his willingness to take the extra time and go above and beyond what was expected. I'm still impatient waiting for the 921 to ship, but you did this 3 yr+ subscriber right. Bravo.

Bob, good to hear you had a positive experiance! I wish they were all like that!

I always feel it is the correct thing to do, to give credit where credit is due. :)

(No I did not see the Cat in the Hat) :D

I'll scream when they screw up (which I did in another post two weeks ago when they tried to install it two weeks ago, but the CSR put on the work order that it was a swap for a 2700 that I didn't have. The installer got on the phone with a different CSR and got it all straightened out.)

I'm more patient than the average Joe, especially when the word FREE is thrown around, so the experience was still a highly positive one.

Any word on the 921s? I'm still hitting Sears.com daily to see if anything changes, but I am desperately hoping I can get this installed before Christmas......

I believe that the chance of getting a 921 before Christmas is really slim.

I hear that less then 200 921's will be made available on the 8th.

I KNOW that is not enough to fill all the orders, that is unless people are on many waiting lists.

I am also hearing that while Sears stores may get display units they might not get any stock to sell until possibly February.

Scott Greczkowski said:

I KNOW that is not enough to fill all the orders, that is unless people are on many waiting lists.

I am also hearing that while Sears stores may get display units they might not get any stock to sell until possibly February.

Scott, can you post the size (or least scale) of your pre-orders and waiting list for comparsion?

Scott Greczkowski said:

Those are the 200 Sears display models. Look and drool until after Xmas :)

Scott Greczkowski said:

Would that include the JVC version as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts