E-mail from Voom - Official Shutdown Notice

Alto101

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 15, 2005
Louisville, KY
I just received this e-mail:(

Please do not respond to this e-mail. For assistance, please call 1-800-438-VOOM.

Dear xxxxxxx,

As we recently notified you on-screen and as you may have also read in the newspapers or on our website, the VOOM service is being terminated on April 30th. The notice period is designed to provide you an opportunity to transition to another television service provider. We are currently reviewing customer accounts in preparation for final statement delivery and service termination.

There is no action you need to take at this time, other than to contact a new service provider. We have valued our relationship, and thank you for being a loyal VOOM customer.

Sincerely,
VOOM Customer Service

The The VOOM name and logo is a service mark of Rainbow DBS Company LLC. Copyright 2005 Rainbow DBS Company LLC. All rights reserved.
VOOM, 200 Jericho Quadrangle, Jericho NY 11753.

New E-mail 4/12

Sorry if this has been posted, but I just received the e-mail we have all been expecting. Still no hints about equipment.

Dear xxxx,

As we recently notified you on-screen and as you may have also read in the newspapers or on our website, the VOOM service is being terminated on April 30th. The notice period is designed to provide you an opportunity to transition to another television service provider. We are currently reviewing customer accounts in preparation for final statement delivery and service termination.

There is no action you need to take at this time, other than to contact a new service provider. We have valued our relationship, and thank you for being a loyal VOOM customer.

Sincerely,
VOOM Customer Service

:river

Email from Voom...

I don't know if this has been posted already nor if anyone else has recieved it but here is an email I just got...there's nothing in there about the equipment return though!

Please do not respond to this e-mail. For assistance, please call 1-800-438-VOOM.

Dear (My Name),

Sincerely,
VOOM Customer Service

The The VOOM name and logo is a service mark of Rainbow DBS Company LLC. Copyright 2005 Rainbow DBS Company LLC. All rights reserved.

I guess customer service is finally prepared to deal with the majority of customers to call in. This email will now notify the majority of customers.

Hopefully we will see new SatGuys members sign-up looking for info. So be friendly and helpful:)

just recieved foom shutdown message

Looks like everyone that doesn't have an install pending is now being sent emails.

Dear JASON MILLER,

Sincerely,
VOOM Customer Service

Just got it 2, damn this sucks. What a freaken nightmare, for a viewer and a voom employee

I got mine too. Hate to see Voom go. I am better off than some as I had D HD already and can re-start my service when Voom goes dark. I don't have a 2nd D HD receiver so I may just have one of my HDTVs getting HD for now. I talked to D's csr and even tho I already have the HD dish and LMBs I still would have to pay the $349 they charge for a full upgrade from non HD to HD. I won't be upgrading my D right now. If they would do some kind of discount I would but they wouldn't at least the last time I called them.

They still haven't said what to do witht he equipment. By saying nothing, it sounds as if we can do what we want. Still does not sound right.

Yep, I got mine. I had to make a service call today anyway. It was really loud and noisy at the call center (normally you could hear the crickets in the background). The CSR said they were swamped. I did let the CSR know that I hope everyone gets along ok and thanked them for their hard work.

A new email has arrived just minutes ago:

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="595"> <tbody><tr><td align="center">[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]Please do not respond to this e-mail. For assistance, please call 1-800-438-VOOM.[/font] </td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="595"> <tbody> <tr> <td>
oly_hdr.jpg
</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="20" width="595"> <tbody> <tr> <td> [font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]

Dear XXXXX XXXXX,

Sincerely,
VOOM Customer Service
[/font]

</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <!-- LEGAL --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="595"> <tbody> <tr> <td>
i.gif
</td> </tr> <tr> <td background="http://voom.custhelp.com/rnt/rnw/img/enduser/bmart1_img_grey_dot.gif" width="595">
</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> [font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]The The VOOM name and logo is a service mark of Rainbow DBS Company LLC. Copyright 2005 Rainbow DBS Company LLC. All rights reserved.
[/font]

Has anybody noticed the individualized web bug/gif at the bottom so that can track that you "read" the email? Some times it is nice to have a non-html email program.

Yep. It is a cute little trick to make sure that the email made it through spam filters of the isp and Outlook and was seen by the end user. Someone will track the weblog and use it to verify that the customer has received notice of the pending changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)