E! Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Improved variable bit rate encoders. Statistical Multiplexing and careful transponder planning. Mix the right content together (combination of 720p, 1080i, talking heads, action, animation, etc) and you can squeeze an extra channel per tp without changing the modulation scheme. I've been saying this for over a year now. Nice they are finally giving it a shot.

I thought they were already putting six on a transponder. I guess it was only five.

Improved variable bit rate encoders. Statistical Multiplexing and careful transponder planning. Mix the right content together (combination of 720p, 1080i, talking heads, action, animation, etc) and you can squeeze an extra channel per tp without changing the modulation scheme. I've been saying this for over a year now. Nice they are finally giving it a shot.

I thought they were already putting six on a transponder. I guess it was only five.

They did at most 5 HD + 1 SD on a transponder.

I gotta admit, this has me a little concerned, but if they have the tech to do it, Im OK with it. I just wont want quantity to take over and reduce PQ, like we've seen someone else do. Im pretty happy with PQ at this point, not if it gets worse.

E and Tru were in the top 10 of the latest "hd channel I want survey", so it's what people asked for. Im still agitated that the #1, BBCA, is being overlooked.

I gotta admit, this has me a little concerned, but if they have the tech to do it, Im OK with it. I just wont want quantity to take over and reduce PQ, like we've seen someone else do. Im pretty happy with PQ at this point, not if it gets worse.

E and Tru were in the top 10 of the latest "hd channel I want survey", so it's what people asked for. Im still agitated that the #1, BBCA, is being overlooked.

i really want bbc america hd, especially with the new season of top gear starting monday! that will be followed by richard hammond's crash course!!

I'm sure those people who want 24/7 Kartrashians will be happy :rolleyes:

All I care to have on that otherwise awful channel is my weekly dose of making fun of the Kardashians. Aka...The Soup. Everything else on that channel is bottom feeding garbage.

according to IMDB and Wiki it wasn't in 16:9 HD anyway.. it is still listed in production; likely in hiatus and soon to be killed off; no loss

Very interesting because it makes me wonder how much more high definition channels can get added.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)