Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Dish sucks, no point in even looking at them as they wont even offer my HDRSN in full time! Now that I am out of my D* contract, adding E! in hd only isnt really going to cut it.. I need like a 30 channel festivus to keep me with Directv, Comparing with our local comcast wich just turned off all of the analogs on the system, I would get that festivus by switching. I'm putting my directv on hold for now, but It looks like I will be getting thier best TV package, (Triple play preemier) Premier + Phone + 50 meg internet service for 238.84 a month. Triple Play Premier $ 164.99, Modem $ 7, 3 anyroom dvr box $ 8.95/ each, Extreme 50 $ 40 Monthly rate, Total: $ 238.84 My average bill with directv is the same with the NFLST, and all. Looking at what I am paying with comcast, I just combined 3 bills into one at the same price I normally pay for directv. I get my HDRSN in HD all the time, and I get just every channel in HD on the new system they have launched. I will give it a test drive and report back! :)

I don't know what the UI is for Comcast in your area but here in Michigan it's real sad, let us know how it goes!!

$238...jeeeez. and I think paying under $100 for TV and internet is still too much. I use GV for a house phone but we barely use it.

I don't know what the UI is for Comcast in your area but here in Michigan it's real sad, let us know how it goes!!

That's part of the reason why I'm putting directv on hold.... I want to hold on to the equipment, what I currently have with directv, just in case we decide to switch back. You never know, directv might offer their own festivus in 6 months. With Comcast there is no commitment.

Yeah, I gave up a bunch of HD when I switched from Time Warner to D*, which was a bummer. NFLST was the biggest reason for the switch... and I do love my ST. Their stranglehold on the NFL pretty much has me locked in forever. But if you don't need ST, then there are certainly some upsides to cable. Good luck!

with comcast Chicagoland to get speed in most areas need to add sports pack. Also need sports pack for stuff like fox movie and other non sports channels.

also NO BIG TEN ALT HD.

also 3 anyroom dvr box $ 8.95/ each.

no it's about $16 for each DRV (2 tuners HDD size can range from 160GB to 500GB) (part of the base price in some plans) and then $8-$10 per tv for each HD box after that.

Can't join more then 1 DRV with the software in use now. Also the Chicago land channel map is a BIG BIG mess. The watch in HD pop ups are real half baked vs other cable systems with auto HD and directv system of have the same channel numbers.

they have cut down on the HBO, MAX , starz ,sho HD channels.

also I-guide sucks and has ad's on each page of the guide.

Yea I don't need the big 10 alts! If I wanted to see a game that badly I would just go into work! Chances are I would be at work anyhow, so I would see the game! Kind of hard to miss it when you live the big ten as I'm one of The engineers that runs the place!!

robjlevin said:
I love competition.

Competition gives us an array of choices. For example, having an RSN in HD is a deal breaker for the OP while it is not for me.

If I switched to my local cable company I would get fewer HD channels. Plus I would have to pay more money for the same setup. The base package is less expensive but the equipment rental fees are much more and I have to pay for all receivers/DVRs including my primary one.

I even looked into FiOs and although I will get more HD with FiOs, I will be paying more for the same reason, high equipment fees.

I love competition.

except when the competition is a crappy cable company with less HD, horrible boxes, higher priced receivers ($17 for the 1st DVR? hell no) and would cost me more anyways because they mix channels into weird packages

or god forbid Dish and their "well we dont know if your game will be in HD on the RSN....but we've got some really neat movie channels in HD that play the same thing over and over and over and over again"

OP when you do you final comparison make sure you are actually comparing apples to apples AND ALSO non-promo pricing in your final tally.

that 50 meg download is not so hot with the 250gb download cap. Back down to a slower speed and save with the same 250gb cap.

Does Comcast carry the MLB Extra Innings package in high definition?

I can't believe anyone would switch from satellite to cable under any circumstances, but especially COMCRAP. My in-laws have it here in the Boston area and it is just plain awful, and I'm talking about their wonderful digital tier. Every time my wife and I visit we can't wait to come home to D* which is vastly superior, in our book.

except when the competition is a crappy cable company with less HD, horrible boxes, higher priced receivers ($17 for the 1st DVR? hell no) and would cost me more anyways because they mix channels into weird packages

or god forbid Dish and their "well we dont know if your game will be in HD on the RSN....but we've got some really neat movie channels in HD that play the same thing over and over and over and over again"
amen ice +1

I've never had Comcast, as it isn't the cable company here in my area(NY), ours is Time Warner. And to me I would never switch back to Cable, I had nothing but trouble with them, terrible equipment, terrible phone service, everything was horrible. It's funny I look at time warner now, as friends of ours have it, and look at DirecTV and I am much more impressed with DirecTV. Nothing has changed since we switched back in 2006. I've also had Dish and I pay the same right now, but get more, where I pay less than I did with Cable.

What is stupid is the multiple DVR fees. Not 1 for all, but seperate fees. And like said the user interface is terrible with TWC, their remotes are still slow, and receivers reset and are slow also.

Comcast just got the boot from my house...... Uggh.... They were going to install an Anyroom dvr in my house, when I ordered I was told that I would get two dvr's one for my living room with two tuners, one for my master bedroom with two tuners, and two satellite units for the remaining tv's. They would all talk with each other and I would have dvr service in all rooms. That turned out to not be the case... It was one DVR unit with two tuners and the rest of the house is shared from the two tuners.. I was upset over this and called up com cast's office of the CEO and was treated terribly. I'm so pissed off at comcast I am having ATT internet installed (UVERSE) tomorrow and I'm completely ripping out Comcast. They lady at the CEO's office said they offer the best service ever. Kind of hard to do that if you can't even meet my needs in equipment. The service I got from comcast was so bad, that I recommend everyone to get rid of their comcast service! WOW is all I can say!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)