E* New York DMA Sports fans getting the shaft

For New York DMA users only please - "Hey Dish! Please add ....."

• Total voters
FWIW, put me down as desperately wanting the NY area RSNs. At my home, we do utilize the international Greek Package, so moving to another provider (i.e. Cablevision) is a non starter for us. I have learned to live w/out the NY RSNs, but would love for an 'option' to have them back. Why doesn't Dish just offer an ala carte option for NY or any regional RSN package or am I naive?

Love SatGuys btw, keep up the good work ....

:sobstory
YES said no

I know, I am just hoping for a reboot on talks at some point considering all the cord cutters out there these days, maybe YES and/or MSG can come back to the table. I realize it's naivete running wild ....

Listen you....why? Nj has no tv stations. .everyone works in NYC. .NYC stations cover nj..so dish should fork over the extra 10 cents a sub to big 10
Hey I agree with you.
But in all fairness Big Ten is available.
SNY,YES,and MSG isn't .

Also Big Ten was Dropped from Our local cable co because they were demanding $2 million dollars from 300,000 subscribers.
That's way more then 10 cents.
They were getting charged $3 a customer, and that wasn't even enough.
So image what they would do to Dish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Juan
I honestly don't see this changing, its been this way for 5 years now if not longer. Cancellations in these areas have been slim to none meaning that most don't care about not having their local sports available to them.

The only one channel I could see possibly coming to DISH would be YES, and that's only because Comcast has dropped the channel, leaving on DIRECTV with the channel for the entire YES area.

Get Direct TV, or get your local Cable, it's called choices. Anyone under contract did so when those RSN's were not on DISH. I made the choice to keep DISH when the dropped CSNNE. If I really want that, and the NY RSN's which my area in Ct gets in addition to Boston, then I will get Directv, and PAY MORE MONEY. Or get Cable AND PAY MORE MONEY. No thanks.

If you feel are paying for something you don't get, and DISH won't give you a credit for it, who is it on for that, you for staying or DISH not wanting to make everyone pay more?

Reactions: osu1991
Dish cannot decide to offer something a la carte. That is controlled by the providers.

If Dish were to offer more RSNs, they'd probably need to put on a surcharge. So you could view it as not getting the programming, but not being charged for it either.

I honestly don't see this changing, its been this way for 5 years now if not longer. Cancellations in these areas have been slim to none meaning that most don't care about not having their local sports available to them.

The only one channel I could see possibly coming to DISH would be YES, and that's only because Comcast has dropped the channel, leaving on DIRECTV with the channel for the entire YES area.
Actually Time warner, Verizon Fios, Optimum , Adams,Blue Ridge, Service Electric, and RCN also carry YES in parts of the NY sports DMA.
I think Comcast Footprint is mostly in Northern NJ only.

Can't switch to DirecTV. Locked into uniquely 'Dish' Greek Package. Just hoping for some movement on RSN in future...

i just wish we could get our rsns broadcasting in hd go full time 24/7 i know this would be perfect for us sports fans yea i know that will never happen due to bandwidth issues.

i just wish we could get our rsns broadcasting in hd go full time 24/7 i know this would be perfect for us sports fans yea i know that will never happen due to bandwidth issues.
What good is that if there are no RSNs?

Nope Comcast is also a good part of Connecticut too.
Yes agree, but my point was Directv is the option if ONLY comcast is your only cable provider.

NY fans Need not worry.
Either do much of NJ , and Most of Pa
Directv isn't the only option for YES. Not only that Playstation Vue also has YES.

If you have Comcast then only DIRECTV is you only option.

Playstation Vue is only available in a few select areas currently so for more its not an option.

We in the New York area pay for regional sports nets like every other market and we get .....

YES? No.
SNY? Sorry
MSG? Missing too.

We get Root Sports Pittsburgh and Sports Time Ohio so we are getting regional sports nets.....just not OUR regional sports nets.

Yes, it stinks. I'm hoping the Sabres ditch MSG when the contract runs out next year and that Terry Pegula starts his own regional sports network given how he owns an NLF, NHL, NLL and AHL team. Plenty of content that he controls to work with. But I'm not holding my breath over that......

I've looked into switching to TWC or DirecTv but after the first year, it's more expensive than what I pay now. I have other options to catch Sabres games but it would be nice not to have to use those options.

i was talking to a CSR from dish the other day and i asked this person what are the best requested hd channels and they gave me this list
TV ONE Other
ME TV Family
WWE NETWORK Sports
MAVTV Sports
ESPN 3 Sports
ESTRELLA TV Spanish
TV ONE Family
CW Local
ESTRELLA TV Family
SPROUT Family
MSG Sports
WWE Sports
TELEVISION DOMINICANA Spanish
YES Sports
ROOT SPORTS SOUTHWEST Sports
SNY Sports
THE WORD NETWORK Religious
MUNDO FOX Spanish
SMITHSONIAN Education
ROOT SPORTS HOUSTON

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)