E* ?

ryanvan

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Okay I need to know now we got E* to signify Dish Network? I can see why we don't use D* because that is the 'other' but let me in on the secret?

Gosh that's obvious but a better question is how or why we use D* for DirecTV? No star in the name. I used to use DTV but so many people got confused with Digital TV I stopped using it and used what others were doing D*. I do believe that in the early days of AVS forum long before we had these other sites E* was indeed first and soon after D* became that standard. Only one since was the VOOM which lasted a short while with V*. I suppose the * is just to denote a satellite in the sky as in star like. ???? Who knows, not me.

Thanks Guys this is GOOD STUFF...I guess I didn't put 2 and 2 together.

by the way ICEBERG, is that REALLY you in that picture. If so, I better ever piss you off!!

riffjim4069 said:
According to the spin team at Dish Network, "E" is for excellent...perhaps we refer to them as F*:rolleyes:
And from the 'cable spin team' perhaps ...C* (hint, it ryhmes with 'RockStar') :rolleyes:

For the sake of trivia for the new people, "DiSH" stands for "Digital Sky Highway".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)