E86 losing channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BlueSky

Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
My E86 that I've had for two years appears to be losing signal strength on all channels. I connect a standard receiver to the exact same line and it show good signal strength, as do the other 4 receivers I have.

Any idea why the E86 would do this? Is its tuner going bad? Has anyone heard of this happening?

Thanks.

Have you done a Master reset? Hold power and down key simultaneuosly until the E86 powers off on its own. See if that helps.

BlueSky said:
My E86 that I've had for two years appears to be losing signal strength on all channels. I connect a standard receiver to the exact same line and it show good signal strength, as do the other 4 receivers I have.

Any idea why the E86 would do this? Is its tuner going bad? Has anyone heard of this happening?
Thanks.

That is the same thing that happened to my E86. It will get worse as time goes on, loosing more and more channels. It is a common problem with that receiver when it goes bad. I have heard it is from the transformer overheating. I had to replace mine with a H-10. The only thing is I missed the features that the E86 had compared to the plain Jane H-10. You should be able to replace it for free with a new H-20. For replacement equipment check with Value Electronics here on this web site.

My E-86 did the same thing. They are notorious for overheating and 'cooking' themselves. If you have the thing in an enclosed cabinet, take it out and let it get some air circulation (may not help if it's too far gone, but worth a try).
I wound up sending my E-86 to http://www.psr1.com/dss_repair.htm#dss-repair
they fixed my receiver in a week for $55. :hatsoff:

Good call pro96, you are a true HD enthusiast!

It's called "a leaky guide" and may be caused by overheating over time. The best fix is the to do the “master rest” by holding at the same time the power and down key on the E86's front panel simultaneously, until the E86 powers off. Let it sit, untouched for a good 4-5 minuets as it turns off and on again and reboots itself, reset to the original factory settings and file structure.

You may have to re-set your aspect ratio or other settings that you customized in your last set-up.

-Robert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)