OTA reception of RI

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pampaul

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
I have a HR10-250 and i live in NE Connecticut and i have a roof top antenna for ota. The problem is i can not receive my local abc, but i receive the ri abc. When i go into the setup of the hr10-250 it shows the frequency and good signal strength of the ri abc, but i can not select it on the guide. I know i can receive it because when i move the connection directly to the back of my tv, i can watch it in hd no problem. is there a way i can watch this channel through my hr10-250 even though ri is not my dma?
thanks

pampaul said:
I have a HR10-250 and i live in NE Connecticut and i have a roof top antenna for ota. The problem is i can not receive my local abc, but i receive the ri abc. When i go into the setup of the hr10-250 it shows the frequency and good signal strength of the ri abc, but i can not select it on the guide. I know i can receive it because when i move the connection directly to the back of my tv, i can watch it in hd no problem. is there a way i can watch this channel through my hr10-250 even though ri is not my dma?
thanks

Have you rescanned your local channels in? I think if you go into Sat and Ant and rescan for you locals, that it will show up in the guide.

Ok did a "guided setup" over again and no ri locals just ct, double checked my signal strength on my tv tuner at 90%. I could leave the antenna directly connected to the tv, but i would like to record abc hd on the tivo. also what's up with the super slow guide on these units?

no i did not, is that done in the tivo or by talking to direct?

It is done in the tivo. Go to off air channel settings, then go to setup local network areas. It is on page 28-29 in the manuel. Hope this helps.

who would have thought to read the book? anyways i added providence ri as secondary and ---bingo--- thanks for reading the manual for me hankb11

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)