Status
Please reply by conversation.

ayelvington

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
Russell, PA
Last edited by a moderator:
That is a OCS (One Cable System) band stacked LNBF. The Horizontal and the Vertical transponders are selected by the LO and not by the voltage. The LNBF can be powered by 13-18Vdc.

To work correctly, the receiver needs to have an OCS 5150/5750 LNB type selection. I do not remember if the Mercury II had this selection.

If the STB does not have the OCS LNB type selection, the LO 5150 will scan both the horizontal and vertical transponders, but the vertical transponder frequencies will be displayed as horizontal polarity and the downlink frequency will displayed off by 700MHz.

Reactions: KE4EST
To work correctly, the receiver needs to have an OCS 5150/5750 LNB type selection. I do not remember if the Mercury II had this selection.

Nope, it doesn't. I'm just going to use the 5150 setting for now. I realized that it was a "compromise" LNBF, so I have a replacement on order that should play better with others.

Many thanks!

Al

P.S So grateful for this forum. I found my photos from 2011 when I put my dish up, and I commented back then which LNBF was installed. There is no way that I wanted to get on a ladder, mess with the cover, just to read the label on the LNBF. I'll be worth it to install the new one.

Reactions: KE4EST and Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)