EARC 77 sat

johnner1999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
earth
I posted a question in the general Dish forum about EA - but thought this might be better for this sub forum...

It seems E* isn't using the 77 satellite for programing in the Eastern Arc setup. Or did I read a channel mapping guide incorrectly? I haven't followed E* in a while I knew one or more of the sats in this EA were getting old and maybe failed?

Down and dirty does Dish just use a 2 lnb rig now to get better signal strength or do they still do a 3lnb for future growth? Any new birds launching for Dish soon (or have launched?)

thanks
John

Last edited:
Yeah a 1000.2 EA is coming out. Looks at 72/61.5 for markets that do not get their local channels from 77. Scew plate is similar to the 500 with a longer arm.

None, the .2 is already being created on work orders for the CT market however the LNBFs haven't been produced yet. So as of right now .4's are being put up

So do you think that the 1000.2EA with 2 lnb's will have a better signal then the 1000.4 with 3 lnb's ? Wonder if they might make up a new adaptor for the 1000.4EA to be fitted out with just 2 lnb's?