Early spring?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
After a low of 14 Thurs a.m., today my temp is up to 68.4, unreal! I found flowers blooming in the yard. Took the Traxis out, to move my little 5' cband off G17 (we all know why) and tryed to aim at G23 but never found it. Gave in to 'easy' and connected to the G5 dish (unused lately) and moved it 1/2" east on the pole, raised the elevation about 2turns o n the elev nut/bolt, and bam! 79quality on the little 7.5 perfect 10 dish. No motor on the dish right now, just a metal bracket I use for fixed dishes, but its not long enough to move east beyond 125 here, so I just made use of the other method (rotate dish on pole and change elevation, lol).
Put my linear ku feed on the 5' dish on the ground, connected back to the traxis and within about 2min I had ONN booming, then I found a hockey game ,haha.
Watching hockey in the yard is not easy today with the sun. Also hard to make still pictures from tv because of the horiz bars lol.

Attachments

• 105a.jpg
    105a.jpg
    510.2 KB · Views: 177
  • 104a.jpg
    104a.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 210
It was -6 the other morning here! 45 and sunnny friday....56 cloudy saturday....supposed to a lot of rain here but in the 50's until next tuesday....hey in February I'll take it! I can go outside and adjust the dish without a coat too. Blind:)

I feel for ya blind, thanks to ONN I can sort of keep up with the weather up your way better than I used to, and been seeing what awful temps you guys get sometimes. I won't even mention Minn and folks like Iceberg. I couldn't live in those places after being down here in the gulf air streams so long! Humid or not, it beats the single digit winters.

was 40 yesterday and 35 today after Thursday morning of -12

Turbo you should be able to get some channels on G23. I was able to get Sportstime Ohio, HITN & a couple others on a 40x30 Primestar

I did get G23 after I switched to the 7.5 footer-I was just playing with that little 5' er. Was after the sportsman channel, sure looks good!

edit: I was not hitting it with the little dish because I didn't have the analog out there. Had I done that , and if the color bars are still up on G18C, I could've pinpointed it.

One tuesday/Wednesday we had 6 plus inches of snow followed by an inch of ice! This past Tues/Wed just one week later we had 9" of snow....for the last two days I've loved watching it melt.....I should've been born and raised done south. As I get older I hate the cold temps. Blind

Was below 0 at night and 15 in the day a week or so ago, 25 degrees in the daytime just a few days ago, and today it reached into the 60's.

Well today is the transition day here....50's most of the week....65 today....50 plus mph winds right now.....36 and flurries tonight.....with 50 plus mph winds my motorized dish is swaying just a bit on a 9foot pole....the stationary dishes are holding.....scary thought if one of these big trees decides to break loose as the ground here is soaked.....( as I humbly say the FTA prayer lol) Blind:)

After a low of 14 Thurs a.m., today my temp is up to 68.4, unreal! I found flowers blooming in the yard. Took the Traxis out, to move my little 5' cband off G17 (we all know why) and tryed to aim at G23 but never found it. Gave in to 'easy' and connected to the G5 dish (unused lately) and moved it 1/2" east on the pole, raised the elevation about 2turns o n the elev nut/bolt, and bam! 79quality on the little 7.5 perfect 10 dish. No motor on the dish right now, just a metal bracket I use for fixed dishes, but its not long enough to move east beyond 125 here, so I just made use of the other method (rotate dish on pole and change elevation, lol).
Put my linear ku feed on the 5' dish on the ground, connected back to the traxis and within about 2min I had ONN booming, then I found a hockey game ,haha.
Watching hockey in the yard is not easy today with the sun. Also hard to make still pictures from tv because of the horiz bars lol.

Turbo, I got the same kind of dish you got! :p
I got mine from a lady who had it leaning against her shed. It too had the ground ring on it. I mounted a mount (with a actuator arm) from a small C band dish onto it and later on in the spring will try to use this dish for C band fta reception.
How are you doing, as far as picking up sats with it?

That little dish will do ok on c-band on most of the arc, but if you get down around 125 with it, where all the c-band sats are so close together, it gets interference from adjacent satellites.
But I used to be able to watch stuff on G5/G14 on it, CNN worked great but some of the even# channels would hardly lock the VC2, too much noise. Just not big enough to reject the sats close by. G16 does fine with it, that's how I got it tracking that day I made those pictures, I found Brother Murry out of Ark easily. (Shephards Chapel). For reliable c-band and c=band digital though, I would recommend 7.5' or bigger, they block out that interference much better.

Even here in Canada we've been having crazy spring like weather. It's been as high as +4°C (about 39°F) for the last 3-4 days and raining. This is mid-late March weather for us. Freezing rain west of us in Winnipeg etc..............getting pretty sloppy here let me tell ya!
Very early for this kind of thing. It ruined probably the best snowmobiling winter in over a decade all in a few days.

Well we have had exceptionally warm weather here the last week or so. It has cooled back down into the normal range now.

The robins, doves, and cardinals are back already, and I have been seeing high flying geese in flocks of over 200 for the past several days.

All signs of an early spring here.

But who knows, they all may get their little butts frozen off. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)