Earthquake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow an earthquake in Illinois seems more relevant to me now then it would have six months ago ;)

Just checked to see where West Salem is. 192 miles by road from Normal. Just read the paper online from Bloomington, and its big news. House shaking for 20 seconds sounds like a long time.

Somehow an earthquake in Illinois seems more relevant to me now then it would have six months ago ;)

Just checked to see where West Salem is. 192 miles by road from Normal. Just read the paper online from Bloomington, and its big news. House shaking for 20 seconds sounds like a long time.

Yeah I was dreaming 2 of my friends were being goofs and rocking my car. I woke up and heard the rumble as the bed swayed back and forth.

It felt like it went on forever :D

Early this morning I woke up for no reason, and just a minute or two later at 5:39am my closet doors started tapping each other and the bed shook a little. I figured it was an earthquake since it lasted so long (20-30 seconds). The tapping doors woke my fiancée woke up. I am 304 miles (489 kilometers) from the epicenter.

Well that explains everything then.

I felt it but didn't figure it out , till a little while ago when I saw the news report.

At the time of the house shaking quake my thought was , how the hell is my brother doing that and why can't he just come up to my room if he needs something.

One of my coworkers noticed her monitor shaking and mentioned it, and when I checked the USGS site, I see there have been six M1+ aftershocks since the one at 4:37am CDT.

A good thing our Japanese partners required our minicomputers to be stapped in in case we experienced an earthquake...

I wonder what it felt like in the Sears Tower or John Hancock in Chicago?

See what you're getting yourself into, Rocky... ;)

Last edited:
Woke up my whole family here in Cincinnati! Initially concerned it may have been a tornado, since windows rattling and whole house shaking (like freight train passing nearby)

1st one I felt here in Cincy since 1988 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts