Earthquake!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, did any of you feel that?

it was only 5.4 Earthquake in Salem, IL. but it shook my house in Fairview Heights IL (14 miles east of St. Louis)

Woke me up at 4:40 cst.

I'm located about 30 miles from the epicenter. It was very weird feeling because it lasted so long. Local news is reporting no major damage.

It definitely woke people up:
2008qza6_graph.gif

People are reporting from as far away as Wisconsin.

It reminded me I needed to take out my trash, I thought it was really strong thunder of a large truck going past my house. But then realized there wasn't any noise.

I see the USGS has revised the strength of the earthquake down to 5.2 on the Richter scale.

Also, I see we have activity in two threads. Perhaps a mod can combine these into one thread entitled "Wow, Did any of You Feel that Earthquake?!"

I woke up, thought my kids were playing in their room early and getting rowdy. Then I realized my closet door was rattling. Thought to myself "now that's odd".

Not the first one I have felt in Michigan, but it's definatley something out of the ordinary.

Wow, I didn't feel anything here in Ashland.

I woke up, thought my kids were playing in their room early and getting rowdy. Then I realized my closet door was rattling. Thought to myself "now that's odd".

Not the first one I have felt in Michigan, but it's definatley something out of the ordinary.

thats what my wife thought to. I said I think its an earthquake. She goes "Nah".

LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)