Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
I moved one of my dishes to a place where I should be able to motorize it.

It is a DirecPC dish and the mount is 2 3/8" in diameter. I looked at these motors but 55 mm is smaller than 2 3/8".

Sadoun Powertech HH Mount Motor DG380 DG-380 DiSEqC 1.2 Compatible

I'm sure someone here has motorized one of these dishes but I want to have a plan before I order parts.

Attachments

• DSCN2255.JPG
    DSCN2255.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 220
You could find lots of threads here if you do a search for 'motorized primestar dish' or similar terms. I have a dg380 that I stuck a .90primestar dish on, similar dish. With the DPC dish, I think it has a skew plate on the backside of the dish, you won't need that. You could prob turn the mount upside down and stick the motorshaft inside it, except that 380 motor has a flange on the bottom end of it, and I couldnt get that part to go inside the dish mount. So I just took the mount off, attached some brackets to the back of the dish, and used muffler clamps to hold it to the motor shaft. I'll try to attach my pics.

oops here's the pic

That bottom part is a 2 1/2" conduit hanger, you'll need a way to adjust the dish's elevation once you get the dish attached to the motor shaft.

Attachments

• img_0002c.jpg
    img_0002c.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
oops here's the pic

That bottom part is a 2 1/2" conduit hanger, you'll need a way to adjust the dish's elevation once you get the dish attached to the motor shaft.

Ive been reading the posts on motorizing these commercial dishes. I had looked at getting a dg380 and saw the rim around the bottom of the arm and wondered about getting past that. I just got a channel master 1.0m and would like to just turn the mount upside down. It has the 2 3/8" pole mount. Would pvc pipe work as a spacer for the 50mm shaft to a 2 3/8" mount? I have seen it used just wondering if it will go over the rim of the dg380.

This thread gave me some good ideas

Thanks Turbosat and cruzin, :up

I found this thread and I think I will try the same thing as Birdview did - - - use a short piece of PVC as a shim between the motor shaft and the mount. Also, I like the idea of removing the skew swivel and just mounting directly to the back of the dish.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...ne-meter-primestar-mini-bud-experiment-2.html

I will order the motor today since someone has successfully done this before.

cruzin the pvc was what I tried at first, but I never could get it to hold tight enough, but that was without the primestar mount on it. I just tried to use the pvc with the muffler clamp but it kept slipping. You might be able to drill a hole in the shaft but I was afraid to try that, as this was my first HH motor and didn't want to tear up anything. The flange around the end of the shaft wouldn't allow me to slip the primestar mount over it. There's prob ways to do it, but losing the extra weight was another factor in doing it the way I did.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)