Looking For List of FTA Dish Owners

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mountainjames

Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
Rogue Valley Oregon
Hi, I'm new here.

I'm trying to find a mailing list (surface mail or Email) of FTA dish owners for promoting programmers on FTA that I'm associated with.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Regards,

MountainJames

I think the majority of users here are only interested in the free stuff available on FTA. I for one do not require any subscription programming for my FTA system.

Whoa! :eek: Everybody stay calm, let's see what programmers he's talking about.
If it's true FTA broadcasters, offering truly free content, like the ones on AMC4 and G19, which we've lost some of, it's a good thing.
Let him tell us what programmers he's associated with, and go from there. :)

I would wager that a large portion of the "True FTA" enthusiasts are on here, so making the information available here would be the closest thing to that list he's looking for.

I suspect that many of us would not want our personal information made available because of the litigation that has been ongoing with regards to FTA receivers. If "Charlie" got his hands on such a list, it might spell trouble for legal FTA'ers, just as it did when DirecTV legally extorted money from legitimate users of technology that *could* have been used for pirating their signal.

whatya got? If it's free you don't need to know who we are.

If you want to start a poll of what programming we would like, I would be happy to participate.

I don't need any more spam. I already get 34 emails a day from companies that are worried about the size of my wee wee.

I'll start a list now:

sports
weather
news
movies
comedy
new tech
outdoor
science
history
sexy people with tans

you put all that on 1 satellite for free, you'll have almost all of us at least part of the day

I have feeling this another mailing list generator dude trying to make a living

" Do you own a computer? Earn $9/hour from home"

Last edited:
Wow, looks like a hit a nerve (thanks to the Lady who urged patience). Since a couple of you are evidently at least trying to keep from snarling, can I ask if I name any programmers, will I be breaking the rules?

I am on G19 on two networks, on radio and television. My programs are freely received, so maybe this crowd won't crucify me if I post details. Honestly, I'm just trying to find a legit way to locate dish owners who might like what we do.

My name is James Lloyd, and I broadcast Christian and Political/Patriot materials via multiple media (print, books, radio, TV, FM, Shortwave Radio, and Satellite).

I'm on weekday mornings on American Voice Radio (patriot radio) on Transponder 5, Freq 11836, 20770 for 2 hours 7-9 AM PST. AVR is mostly constitutionalists and various stripes of malcontents.

I'm on twice a week on TV on a new net called TeleCulture (an interesting try at mutlitlinguial arts and entertainment at Transponder 27, on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1 PM PST.

I also publish multiple periodicals (heavily into prophecy), and am indeed looking for mailing lists which can be purchased or rented, and our group is not averse to paying for advertising, so I'm doing my best to be straightforward. By the way, my organization (a group called Christian Media) is also distributing ku dish systems nationally to 1st time dish owners, so we're aggressively pushing satellite.

Does this make me a friend or a foe in these quarters?

Mountainjames

I don't have any problem with somebody saying that they have live transponders somewhere. While I am religious, I'm not a fan of talk radio. Thanks for sharing though.:)

I'll speak for no one but myself here...but I got FTA to AVOID being marketed to. LOL

But I understand your point, and you might have to wait on a call from the site owner on what you seek.

If you plan on mass emailing FTA owners, you might not like the response you get. A few of us are more militant than others....LOL

:)

"Christian and Political/Patriot materials"

Just the kind of materials i don't want flooding my email

How to reach your customers

Hello RV1pop!
It seems to me that the best way to reach the FTA crowd is through websites like SatelliteGuys. If you become a site sponsor, I assume that you will have the ability to make periodical announcements concerning your programming and the satellite systems that you sell in a non-intrusive way. That mass e-mail idea might not sit well with a lot of people.

But it also seems to me that you want to reach people who don't yet have an FTA system. (I'm not sure how you should best do that). In any case, when these individuals purchase their first system, they will very likely want to visit sites like this one for help and guidance.

Lots of the members here appreciate insider news concerning the satellite industry. I suspect that you can provide some of that here just by participating in discussions.

I'm on weekday mornings on American Voice Radio (patriot radio) on Transponder 5, Freq 11836, 20770 for 2 hours 7-9 AM PST. AVR is mostly constitutionalists and various stripes of malcontents.

I'm on twice a week on TV on a new net called TeleCulture (an interesting try at mutlitlinguial arts and entertainment at Transponder 27, on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1 PM PST.
I haven't looked that closely at the radio channels on 97W before, but this AVR and a couple others look like they might be interesting.

How new is TeleCulture, it's not listed at Lyngsat yet.

How new is TeleCulture, it's not listed at Lyngsat yet.

I was watching it about an hour ago, a program on Folk Singers of the 60s.
They had some neat film clips of my old neighborhood, the Village in NYC. They were showing the Cafe Wha, The Bitter End, They were on Macdougal St. off of Bleecker St. Ah, the good old days.:up

Trying To Find FTA Listener/Viewers

Othea was constructive, will look into the SG sponsorship or whatever upgrade allows non intrusive access. A couple of replies assumed we were looking for an email list. Since we are a publisher of a newspaper, we were hoping to find postal mailing lists to send out a sample of the paper to FTA dish owners.

I also noticed a sub forum for whats up there had no threads for a month, but more commentary here. Perhaps some nes, updates, etc from the programmer side would be interesting to SG'ers.

There are some things brewing in FTA I'm aware of, particularly whats happening in the radio side as the whole crowd represents a rather significant vanguard of political discontent with the present crop of political criminals inreasingly encroaching on Constitutional guarantees -- to say nothing of the coverup of how deep the present fiscal meltdown actually is. Watch for more of those types moving from radio to TV.

Most of the political (and a few of the "alternative" religious -- myself included) have migrated to fta and streaming from Shortwave Radio.

An interesting fact is, being in the direct mail area as well as a broadcaster, I've found there are commercial mailing lists available for just about anything imaginable, but Satellite is elusive. A magazine (think it was OnSat) once offered a list of C Band subscribers as well as DirecTV subs, but had nothing in FTA as it was a bit early then in the ku arena.

Although the net has devastated a lot of print interests, many still like to kick back with a hard copy publication in their hands. Thus, I'm still looking for that elusive list.

Mountainjames

PS. As I write this Teleculture G19 T27 TeleCulture is airing a wonderful ballet, but their sound is down

mountainjames, that is part of what never allowed c-band to expand to the size of pizza-pan tv--no organization. In its heydey, there were sev companies selling programming to big-dish owners, and several of them sold the descrambler modules for people wanting pay-tv, but I doubt any of them ever really compiled their customer information or spread it around. Not much anyway, perhaps the 2-3 satellite tv magazines that were available back then had lists of their customers but probably didn't share it much, I don't recall getting much direct mail from satelite-related companies back in the late 80's or early90's when c-band was bigger.
An organization of fta fans might be a good thing now, but then again, might draw unwanted attention from a govt that wants to control everything.

Othea was constructive, will look into the SG sponsorship or whatever upgrade allows non intrusive access. A couple of replies assumed we were looking for an email list. Since we are a publisher of a newspaper, we were hoping to find postal mailing lists to send out a sample of the paper to FTA dish owners.

There are some things brewing in FTA I'm aware of, particularly whats happening in the radio side as the whole crowd represents a rather significant vanguard of political discontent with the present crop of political criminals inreasingly encroaching on Constitutional guarantees -- to say nothing of the coverup of how deep the present fiscal meltdown actually is. Watch for more of those types moving from radio to TV.

Most of the political (and a few of the "alternative" religious -- myself included) have migrated to fta and streaming from Shortwave Radio.

An interesting fact is, being in the direct mail area as well as a broadcaster, I've found there are commercial mailing lists available for just about anything imaginable, but Satellite is elusive. A magazine (think it was OnSat) once offered a list of C Band subscribers as well as DirecTV subs, but had nothing in FTA as it was a bit early then in the ku arena.

Although the net has devastated a lot of print interests, many still like to kick back with a hard copy publication in their hands. Thus, I'm still looking for that elusive list.

Mountainjames...

Are you for real or are you putting us on????????
Mike Lib

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)