Looking For List of FTA Dish Owners

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Are you for real or are you putting us on????????
Mike Lib

I think you might be surprised that more folks agree with what he posted than you think.....not everyone believes what they see/hear on mainstream TV/Radio and are always looking for alternative sources...:)

Keep an open mind, you may learn something...heck I learn stuff from AlJazeera on occasion...like...we have really COOL bombs and weapons! ;)

Othea was constructive, will look into the SG sponsorship or whatever upgrade allows non intrusive access. A couple of replies assumed we were looking for an email list. Since we are a publisher of a newspaper, we were hoping to find postal mailing lists to send out a sample of the paper to FTA dish owners.

I also noticed a sub forum for whats up there had no threads for a month, but more commentary here. Perhaps some nes, updates, etc from the programmer side would be interesting to SG'ers.

There are some things brewing in FTA I'm aware of, particularly whats happening in the radio side as the whole crowd represents a rather significant vanguard of political discontent with the present crop of political criminals inreasingly encroaching on Constitutional guarantees -- to say nothing of the coverup of how deep the present fiscal meltdown actually is. Watch for more of those types moving from radio to TV.

Most of the political (and a few of the "alternative" religious -- myself included) have migrated to fta and streaming from Shortwave Radio.

An interesting fact is, being in the direct mail area as well as a broadcaster, I've found there are commercial mailing lists available for just about anything imaginable, but Satellite is elusive. A magazine (think it was OnSat) once offered a list of C Band subscribers as well as DirecTV subs, but had nothing in FTA as it was a bit early then in the ku arena.

Although the net has devastated a lot of print interests, many still like to kick back with a hard copy publication in their hands. Thus, I'm still looking for that elusive list.

Mountainjames

PS. As I write this Teleculture G19 T27 TeleCulture is airing a wonderful ballet, but their sound is down
What about the PAST crop...say, 8 years worth?
There's the real criminals for ya' but for me to stay within Satelliteguys rules, I'll have to drop it, and this whole thread, right there. :rant:

As my user name implies, I subscribe to the policy of being suspect of everyone wanting to give me something or "helping me decide things i'm not capable of". Post it and I will read it. Come to my home at your own risk. Locked, loaded and ready.

Mountainjames;

Welcome!

As your may suspect, most folk here don't care to disclose personal information to strangers, no matter how well intentioned. Most of us ARE however evangelists for FTA, and working to increase your viewership numbers for the reasons of our own. Good luck on your marketing adventure. I have always suspected there are a lot more FTA'ers out there than one would think, but most don't publicize their viewing habits or preferences to programmers because of the perceived prospect of being plagued by unwanted salespukes. I think Othea's suggestion regarding sponsership is a good starting point, and anything your would send in a mailing should be good enough to post in an open forum.

I like Teleculture, and periodically view a lot of the religious programming available on FTA to see all the opposing viewpoints out there. We all appreciate the hard work and effort it takes to provide these broadcasts without charge to the viewer and hope the FTA model will continue to grow.

Tell us more about yourself and about your vision for FTA.

I have listened to James on shortwave for years, its odd to think that he too has made the jump to satellite. For that I applaud him and his organization. With respect to mailing lists, I too am not a fan, but do not let that discourage you.

Well this is a lively place! As Euro (like that new avatar!) referred to staying within Sat Guys rules, I'll try to be more circumspect -- especially since this is a Sat forum, as opposed to a venue for political discourse. It should be said, however, it's a fallacy to assume that, just because a comment was critical of the present regime, one is supportive of the prior pack of rats that nested in the District of Criminals for 2 terms.

Fact is, the concern over the Beast poking its foul head into FTA is valid,
so I guess a bit of pol talk is appropo. Thanks to Ikki and Cadsulfide for the welcome, and Stogie's reality check --- and I will vigorously defend Bigredneck's RIGHT to keep his powder day. His caution over newbies, particularly religious types who want to "help him decide" is probably drawn from real world experience.

We have a similar perspective. At the Christian Media ministry which I head, we have a saying that, whenever you meet someone claiming to be a Christian, hold onto your wallet and your wife.

Back to the main course, it's likely this was the only crowd who saw the potential parallel as FTA was the core source for news of what was really happening in Iran recently, but the raw feeds from Tehran should have showed us the same thing could occur here -- another reason to encourage FTA.

The US is going to experience drastic trouble in the near term, and the spinmeisters of mainstream cannot be trusted to provide an unfiltered lens. Mark my words, when the Beast INEVITABLY comes for the citizen's guns, there will be a double barreled mess in the streets.

In all liklihood, Christian Media will be bringing a no holds barred broadcasting perspective, via FTA, to the arena as these things come to pass.

Mountainjames

Shifting Gears back to the FTA focus which brought me here, I must confess that although I've had C Band for many years, ku FTA is somewhat new. My first install is a Low end Fortec with 90 CM dish fixed on G19.

I know there's an online list, but does anyone know which, if any, of the other sats has some talk and/or political radio on it like Transponder 5 on G19?

Mountainjames:cool:

We have a similar perspective. At the Christian Media ministry which I head, we have a saying that, whenever you meet someone claiming to be a Christian, hold onto your wallet and your wife.

May I add, And if it is claiming to be a cuban, forget the wallet but hold on to the wife, lol. Now back to reading since I am still unable to understand why so many people call the current US goverment a regime. How I wish we had Obama ruling in Havana!

I do not like the idea of receiving more mail , with e or without. Way too many already. And as usual around this lands , and please the few or extremely few honest americans forgive me , filled with all sorts of lies either explicitly or even worst implicitly. I have a brown neck toasted by the caribbean sun (beleive me, for astronomers might be the same but was not, is not and will never be the same) but like the man or woman with the red neck , over this last 7 years I have learned not to trust anything nor anyone around here. Specially canadians, their politeness is filled with sharp knives waiting for you to turn around to stab you. It is not the knives what bothers me. But that would be another off topic story and a long one of course.

Now If I may suggest something, why not instead of an FTA users list to mail to , why not simply do it through the FTA retailers. They are probably on the yellow pages and we either online or in person go to their stores to buy the stuff so you could contact them and advertise through them. Well probably most of FTA'ers already belong to this great forum so to sponsor here was a great recommendation.

Isn't this a bit too close to spamming?

Hi, I'm new here.

I'm trying to find a mailing list (surface mail or Email) of FTA dish owners for promoting programmers on FTA that I'm associated with...

Rule #3) NO SPAMMING - Do not post any messages or ads of a commercial nature.

Are you attempting to use this site to "promote?"

This does sound a bit like spamming, does it not?:confused:

Perhaps it's to early to tell at this juncture.

> Now this whole thing kinda reminds me of all that ridiculous Y2K crap. "....Stock up your food! ....(while running around in circles).... It's gonna be Martial Law!....Every man for himself!...."
And we all know what REALLY happened!

You mean Y2K is over?

Its been 9 years and no one told me. So what your really saying is that I can leave my underground bunker?

Rule #3) NO SPAMMING - Do not post any messages or ads of a commercial nature.

Are you attempting to use this site to "promote?"

This does sound a bit like spamming, does it not?:confused:

Perhaps it's to early to tell at this juncture.

its not spamming. Some FTA broadcasters want our view on their programming

If it was spamming the thread would have been deleted. We left it here to see exactly what was going on first :)

Hi, I'm new here. I'm trying to find a mailing list (surface mail or Email) of FTA dish owners for promoting programmers on FTA that I'm associated with. Anybody have any suggestions?...

An interesting fact is, being in the direct mail area as well as a broadcaster, I've found there are commercial mailing lists available for just about anything imaginable, but Satellite is elusive.
I kind of like the guy: he's found a new medium for his prophecy by playing plain stupid. :) Not to mention, such "direct mail" is usually directed by a mail server to Spam Mailbox anyway. Why not considering distro your message via cellphone mailboxes: just go through a phone book - its free. Leave your phone No, so that grateful followers can call you back. :D

I think we should all lighten up on the guy, myself. At least he asked, you have to give him credit for that. :up

And Ice has ways of smoking out the Baddies, sometimes we help, sometimes we just sit back and watch him go. If he needs us, he'll let us know....:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts