East and West HD feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NateCohen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
Since my locals aren't available in HD yet is there a way I can get the east and west coast feeds for my local HDs? I would like to watch my football games in HD, but it's impossible until the locals are available in HD.

thats interesting, i told a friend about this who has HD but does not have any of the national HD feeds. As I read the results for our zip, NY Fox and NY NBC are available upon request. My friend called yesterday afternoon and he got those turned on plus he got NY CBS without a waiver.
Now the rub, I had previously sent waivers for HD for all four NY feeds, CBS and Fox were approved. NBC and ABC were not. I called last evening to get NBC turned on and they said another waiver must be submited because I had submitted previously and been turned down. Zip for both of us is 63901

Well I got all strong signals so I guess it's impossible to get those feeds. I just think they should be able to offer the HD feeds if they're not available to the local feeds.

thats interesting, i told a friend about this who has HD but does not have any of the national HD feeds. As I read the results for our zip, NY Fox and NY NBC are available upon request. My friend called yesterday afternoon and he got those turned on plus he got NY CBS without a waiver.
Now the rub, I had previously sent waivers for HD for all four NY feeds, CBS and Fox were approved. NBC and ABC were not. I called last evening to get NBC turned on and they said another waiver must be submited because I had submitted previously and been turned down. Zip for both of us is 63901

The most ironic part about this is, when automatically approved for HD DNS, you do get a waiver, but the waiver is automatic.

Two days after my NY DNS was turned on, I got a card in the mail saying all four waivers were approved. So if you had not applied, you *should* have gotten it automatically, with just a phone call to D*.

Probably your NBC station normally denies all waiver requests, assuming the "automatics" will not ask for one.

I live in Harvey, La. -- a New Orleans suburb. When I enter my zip it shows WDSU with a Grade A signal for HD. They haven't broadcast in HD since Katrina destroyed their transmitter. DirecTV should update its database.

I don't think DirecTV controls the data, it probably comes from the FCC.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)