HR 20 Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chily3

Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
When I first got the new HR 20 the remote worked when it wanted to. Then after a couple resets it work OK for awhile. Now works when the HR 20 warms up as it get turned off at night.

And cannot get the annoying circle lights to stay off permently. Push the left and right arrows and they will go off, but come back on when they want.

Am about ready to make D* replace the HR 20 because of the remote problem

Anyone else have remote problems

mike

When I first got the new HR 20 the remote worked when it wanted to. Then after a couple resets it work OK for awhile. Now works when the HR 20 warms up as it get turned off at night.

And cannot get the annoying circle lights to stay off permently. Push the left and right arrows and they will go off, but come back on when they want.

Am about ready to make D* replace the HR 20 because of the remote problem

Anyone else have remote problems

mike
If you don't want to wait, they are available at the local CC and BB for $ 19.99....
Stupid Question, but , you did try changing the batteries, Right ?

new remote and batteries

If you don't want to wait, they are available at the local CC and BB for $ 19.99....
Stupid Question, but , you did try changing the batteries, Right ?

D* sent me a brand new remote, same issues, new batteries is all three remotes. D* remotes 2 of them act the same way
harmony 880 acts the same way.

I am going to try and get ota software tonight to see if that helps or is even avail. Live in sacramento so should be avail.

mike

This is almost certainly nothing to do with the remotes or the HR20 or the software, your TV or some other piece of equipment is generating strong IR interference and this is killing the signal from the D* remotes and your Harmony. What TV do you have? If it is a Sharp Aquos or other LCD with a backlight these are known to be very IR-noisy because of the switching power supply they use. Nothing D* can do about it. ....There are several posts around from people who have done fixes but many people just switch to RF.
The circle lights will come back when you do a reset or when there is a new software download...

Go to MENU then SETUP then SETTINGS and then REMOTE. It will give you step by step instructions on programing the remote for RF functions if you have the proper remote. Look on the back of the remote. If it has the FCC sticker then it is RF capable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.