East Coast Strong Transponders

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
I wish I had known about these very strong transponders when I was doing my original dish orientation. The Echostar satellites at 61.5W are only about 3 degrees off my due south. Even though they are circular polarization, I am receiving 83% quality on my linear LNB.
12268 L/H 20000
12326 L/H 20000
12414 L/H 20000
Tonight there are two ITC stations on 12414: India Times News and Zee TV.

The current active channels on Amazonas at 61w are very strong where I am. Cornerstone TV and the RRsat promo channel hit max Q on just an 18" dish.

I know I can get the linear channels at 61W, which include Cornerstone TV and an RRSat Promo Channel. Cyberham, Judging by the coverage footprint, it looks like the signal on those would be weaker up in Nova Scotia. But I'll have to try 61.5 when I get a chance. I've had some good luck with receiving circular signals with my linear LNB. Right now, I have a separate dish that's pointing at 61.5W for my DN subscription.

According to lyngsat maps, the coverage footprint for 61.5W is excellent in the eastern US. It's all above 53 dBW!!

Amazonas 1 has a footprint that is just a little too weak here. satbeams says I need the next size dish larger (maybe 1.2m). But I don't think I'm missing much (Walmart TV??). Amazonas 2 with Cornerstone and RRSat has a funky footprint that leaves a significant hole right where I am near Halifax: no chance for that one. So I've never seen anything from Amazonas.

Yeah I see it now on a map how far east Halifax really is. Amazonas 2 looks to have a sharp cutoff in eastern Maine. Sorry about that. :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)