Eastern Arc Changes

Does it mean all those forced to pay for HD will get their bills lowered is a much better question
Quite frankly, I always thought that the marketing of "Free HD" was backwards. Since presumably most of us only watch the HD feed and are willing to pay for the HD version, they should have marketed it as "SD Free For Life." (a life that is apparently ending on Eastern Arc)

However, addressing your other points, it is the cost savings of NOT having to change out all those MPEG2 boxes for MPEG4 boxes is use at the WA. That is a LONNNNNNGGGG and SLOOOOOWWW and really expensive process.

All the more reason for him to have started it earlier than he did.

(Not to mention the best reason, that the picture quality with MPEG2 was a joke with the amount of bandwidth he was giving most of the channels.)

Reactions: bobvick
Hello -
I'm on the Eastern arc satellite. My family enjoys recording Bravo but we record in SD standard definition on the 722 receiver to avoid running out of space.
I see Dish has removed the SD Bravo channel from 61 but has moved it to 77. I currently only see the HD channel.
I ran a check switch and the guide downloaded but I still only see the HD channel.

How can I get the SD Bravo back? The Eastern Arc includes 77 so Bravo in SD should reappear, shouldn't it?

Thanks

Do you have 77? When you do a check switch does 77 show up? Not all EA installs have it. You are correct if you have 77 you would be getting it in SD, I do.

Same here. I am receiving Bravo SD from 77°
I have the 1000.4 but I'm not using the 77, I'm using the 77 port to feed my 211z so I don't have to have my DPP44 Power Inserter in the same room as the 211.
It can remain in the basement.

My DPP44 is using 61.5, 72 and 118.
Thats my 1000.5 doing a 2 Hoppers 2 Joeys and 211z.

So 77 for me unless I want to move that huge messy PI from my basement to my Mom's living room than I could use the 77.
But not for SD channels

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

But how long will the SD feeds remain at 77? I thought Dish will be removing all of the SD feeds from Eastern Arc over the course of the next month, if there is an HD equivalent. So the best solution, long term, might be to use a mixed-arc setup to get the SD feeds from Western Arc.

But how long will the SD feeds remain at 77? I thought Dish will be removing all of the SD feeds from Eastern Arc over the course of the next month, if there is an HD equivalent. So the best solution, long term, might be to use a mixed-arc setup to get the SD feeds from Western Arc.

Or, he could get an external hard drive and use it as an archive.

Reactions: Tampa8
I noticed on the other site, That NFL Network SD on EA went to the 77.
I was wondering how come I had no SD version.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I noticed on the other site, That NFL Network SD on EA went to the 77.
I was wondering how come I had no SD version.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Did you see where they were removing the feeds that are in HD and have a SD counterpart from 61.5? Just wondering, they're supposed to do it with all of the channels eventually.

Ugh!

Thanks for the replies.

I had Dish out to install service at my home a couple of years ago. My locals are on both East and West. East was a much better line of sight. The installer insisted on installing a 1000.2 eastern dish and lnb. This lnb only sees 61 and 72. There is no feed horn for 77.

What good does this do me if Dish is removing all Sd signals and placing them on 77? I thought they claimed that 77 wasn't needed this they eliminated it from the receiver?

I'm content with the 722 and don't want to switch to hopper.

Should I ask them to install an older 1000.4 that sees all three locations? Install a wing to tune in 77? Unfortunately switching to Western would require lots of rewiring.

Thx