Eastern Arc Dish Info & Install Guide

Looks like it is off 77 Satellite transponder 4. I just reinstalled my eastern arc dish from Hurricane Ike. I can't really use it yet since I still DON'T have my smart cards. But I did a download of the guide and it came off of that transponder .

But here is my setup; Presently using the 1000.2 sat dish for 110/119/ 129-is covered with foil + side sat dish for 61.5. I want to use my 1000.4 sat dish for eastern arc -once I do get the smart cards. I am presently "moved" to Houston for HD locals. My ota stations get their guide information from the 110 sat I think, where they are located on the dish satellite for the Beaumont,Pt.Arthur dish locals in standard def . I know that the this area is also reproduced up on the 61.5 sat for the HD and the sd in mpeg 4 locals using eastern arc . So all I think that all I need to do is get my side sat dish ,presently used for 61.5 and repoint to 110 sat and it will be plugged into my eastern arc dish so I will get 61.5 /72.7/77 +side sat for 110. I should get guide information for all my locals , ota guide information and regular programming with this configuration. I hope . I haven't really got to test it yet. But if it works, I will report back my Success or failure.

Does anyone know FOR SURE, what satellites the guide information is located on for both eastern arc and western arc?

You should read what you intend to post..
87-114..Homeowners.
This act does not require utility noticfication before property owners ( and I can assume this means to include the agents of property owners) dig in any area on his own property with nonmechanized equipment nor pror to tilling the spoil for agriculture, gardening or landscaping purposes. Mechanized equipment may be used, without prior untility notfication, in any area on the owner's property with the exception of recorded utility easements which describes the location of the easement with specificity..
Clearly pole mounted satellite dish projects are exempt under this provsion in the law.. at least by my interpretation. Apparently I'm spot on. Because in the nearly 11 years in this business the issue of locates has never been discussed

Actually it is on 119 and 72.7, not 110.
That is the 9-day guide

I am referring to the OTA Digital Channel Guide (ie. 14xxx & 15xxx channels).
Those are on the satellite where that city's MPEG-2 SD locals are located, mostly 110. Dish has yet to mirror that guide data over to the Eastern Arc satellites.

The poster was talking about Harrisburg locals (we have a few sub-channels here like RTN), which are on 110. As are the neighboring markets of Baltimore & Philadelphia, which most of us get one of.

It's no different than before E10, when we had to put up a dish for 105 to get Baltimore OTA guide data. Now Eastern Arcer's have to put up a dish for 110 to do the same for OTA Digital sub-channel guide data.

I bought my own 211K and 1k.4 dish and set it all up. Then I called Dish to see if they would turn on EA for me and they told me no i had to use the 1000+ dish. I told them why if I already had everything set up and ready to go.
They gave me the usual run around, so I told them to wait and I would get back to them. If I send an email to ceo@dishnetwork.com do you think they will turn it on. It isn't going to cost them anything and all they have to do is push the button.
My 211k has the new card built in, software is up to date, and my St. Louis locals are already there., so I'm not seeing any reason not to turn it on. Do you think I have any chance to get them to turn it on? All I need is for them to turn on my HD!!! I get all of the rest of the channels!

Update to my previous post:

I sent a letter to ceo@dishnetwork last night explaining my problem as mentioned above and I received an email back this morning from from Gregory Wall (Dish Network Corporation Executive Communications) telling me that he added the proper Eastern Arc codes to my account and the HD programming.

All is working great and let me tell you HD mpeg4 looks awesome on my 61" Hitachi. So thank you Mr. Wall for such a quick response and for fixing the problem for me!! :up :D :up

Hey Jakesnake3037...

That's what I like to hear. Cut the crap. There's no reason the csr couldn't have done that for you...typical! What should take 5 minutes on the phone...correcting a billing error, compensation for signals they can't provide, etc., takes hours on the phone and a continuos stream of emails!

Maybe things are improving!

Add proper eastern arc codes? Why would they need to activate eastern arc codes in order to receive HD from there? They didn't on mine and my receiver receives HD from eastern arc. Sounds like part of what they told you was full of bull crap lies and they feed people lies all the time, just like when they told me that my 522 receiver is MPEG-4 and the reason why they had to upgrade my 721 was due to it not being MPEG-4. When they activate HD, you can get it no matter the satellite slot you choose to receive it from.

I just had an installer over at my house on Monday to replace the 612 he installed last week (long story for another post). So he and I struck up a conversation and he said they had just been trained on installing the 1000.4 dish here in Southern California to use as an alternative to 110/119 in the event of extreme LOS problems. He was not aware that they would still have to install a wing dish for either 119 or 129 for LA local channels, although in most situations in my area an OTA antenna would work just fine. He used the term Eastern Arc to describe the new satellite positions (it was used in his training), and I gladly told him who coined the term and where it was first used. :D

Question - I live in Austin TX and my HD locals are on 61.5. I subscribe to the HD Ultimate pack and have the new smart cards. I do not currently receive the HD locals via sat as I only have one dish installed and didn't want the clutter of a second one.

Would installing a 1000.4 allow me to get my locals via sat with one dish and retain all of my existing programming? It sounds like it would - with the only risk being that I may lose EPG guide data for stations I pick up via antenna (PBS, sub-channels, etc).

So the new smartcards for my 211, 211k, 622 will be an actual card they mail to me? Not a software download? So if I am a "moving" person, I need to switch back to my actual address soon? Existing customer here but can't wait to switch over to EA.

Yes, you will be receiving physical card(s) in the mail. I got mine about 3 weeks ago and started seeing nag screens about 2 weeks later, encouraging me to insert them. I previously had no cards in any of my receivers, since last weekend I now have smartcards in all.

See if you can receive channel 998. If you can then the cards have either been sent to you or should be in the mail soon.

I guess I complained enough to the CSR's, I am getting Eastern Arc installed on the 18th to replace the 2 dishes I have now. Anything I should know in the Boston area, problems, tweeks, etc?

I guess I complained enough to the CSR's, I am getting Eastern Arc installed on the 18th to replace the 2 dishes I have now. Anything I should know in the Boston area, problems, tweeks, etc?
If you currently have (or will be getting) any model 222 receivers, be alert for possible frequent video problems. Several folks w/EA systems reporting video probs. with their 222's.

If you currently have (or will be getting) any model 222 receivers, be alert for possible frequent video problems. Several folks w/EA systems reporting video probs. with their 222's.

Could you please elaborate on what type of video problems folks are having?

I have had EA installed for a couple of weeks now and so far there have been no problems (as far as I know). The 222k is running the kids rooms in standard def, so I may not have been informed of any problems. ;)

Last edited:

I do have VIP 222 along with a VIP 722, I already have problems with my 222 and its been replaced twice, can you tell me or give me a link where I can check out these video problems.

I just found on DBSTalk that some people are having a choppy picture on their 222 with EA is this what you are warning me about? Man my wife wants me to get rid of DN now because of all the problems I have had with the 222, this would be the icing on the cake. I am getting EA to try to solve my issues not add to them.

I just found on DBSTalk that some people are having a choppy picture on their 222 with EA is this what you are warning me about? Man my wife wants me to get rid of DN now because of all the problems I have had with the 222, this would be the icing on the cake. I am getting EA to try to solve my issues not add to them.
Based on what I've seen in the forums, with a 222 receiver switching to Eastern Arc right now is going to be tantamount to jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Don''t get rid of DN, get rid of the 222.

What previous problems were you having with your 222?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts