Eastern Arc Dish Info & Install Guide

So in EA 61.5 compensates for 110, 72.7 compensates for 119, and 77 compensates for 129? So I can keep my 1000.2 connected and add 77 to it to get HD locals on my 722 and the 129 would still be picking up my SD locals for the 522?

I have about a 75 foot run through my front yard to install Dish Network on the eastern arc. Can anyone tell me how many coaxial cables I should plan to run through the conduit to make sure I'm all set. The installer that came by recently stated for dig safe issues he could not bury the cable. I was also told by Dish customer service that all that was necessary was one coaxial cable which did not make any sense to me.

I would run one cable for each orbital that way if you decide to upgrade later on all you would have to do is put a switch up, just make sure its up to dns code with a proper ground.

So in EA 61.5 compensates for 110, 72.7 compensates for 119, and 77 compensates for 129? So I can keep my 1000.2 connected and add 77 to it to get HD locals on my 722 and the 129 would still be picking up my SD locals for the 522?
here in Indy we have minimal time with the 1000.4 but there is a roomer going around that the locals are going to be mirrored to 129

I second this we call digsafe before anything we do in the ground even if the only utility is the septic tank.
Whew!! How do you get any work done?
I have to co workers who installed in Florida. The pct of roof mounts is about one in 20. And because of the liberal use of stucco as an outside cover for homes ,pole mounts are the most used option. With that in mind, I could imagine the entire install system grinding to a screeching halt so that evey pole mount job can get a locate before being done....According to these guys, the jobs get done.
No locates needed.

Yep, should work just fine. Adding a dish would just add additional channels you don't currently have and not affect the existing channels. You only need to do a check switch on the HD receiver to pick up the new dish.

This is what I done with the 722 yesterday...

I connected 77 to my existing 1000.2 dish and it works and shows up normally on a check switch. What I noticed was the following:

I checked the HD local channels and when I do go to an HD local channel then press menu 6/1/1 to check signal strength it will say that it is using transponder 8 on satellite 77 as it should. When I select an SD local channel it will say that I am using transponder 32 on satellite 129 in which I didn't think it would do that.

I also noticed that sometimes it will act like it loses the signal on all the local channels and it will not show the satellite or transponder but when I press the GUIDE button it comes back immediately without delay. This seems like a bug.

The channels are still coming in normally on the 522. I did not do a check switch on the 522 as I figured that there is no purpose for 77 for it.

Yep, should work just fine. Adding a dish would just add additional channels you don't currently have and not affect the existing channels. You only need to do a check switch on the HD receiver to pick up the new dish.

In regard to the 722: So by adding 77 it will keep the SD locals that I am keeping on 129? Could I do a check switch while covering up the 129 eye to force all the local channels to come off of 77 since it would not see 129 after that point?

Did Dish excellerate the eastern arc approval for existing customers?

I'm near Montgomery Alabama.

....and yes, I've read the last 4 pages and the first page and didn't see anything one way or the other about where to check.

eastern arc installation

Hi i am new here and decided to order equipment for the eastern arc after the last 4 dish installers said i had a Los issue with the west and the eastern arc equipment is not available yet for my area​

so my questions is if i had 2 receiver's a 612 for the living room and a 222 for the bedroom and i run two rg6 cables to the lbn on the dish if i hook the 612 to 72.7 and the 222 to the 61.5 will they both have same programming or different programming i read 72.7 and 61.5 had different programming on each or will i have to put a switch in to make sure i get all my channels sorry if this sounds stupid but i am hoping im doing the right thing​

In regard to the 722: So by adding 77 it will keep the SD locals that I am keeping on 129? Could I do a check switch while covering up the 129 eye to force all the local channels to come off of 77 since it would not see 129 after that point?
If you did that, then you would lose your national HD channels. When channels are on more than one sat, the receiver may pull from either one. There's an easy way to check what sat your channel is coming from, press info twice and the sat number will be on the left. My receiver seems to always use 77 on all locals.

so my questions is if i had 2 receiver's a 612 for the living room and a 222 for the bedroom and i run two rg6 cables to the lbn on the dish if i hook the 612 to 72.7 and the 222 to the 61.5 will they both have same programming or different programming i read 72.7 and 61.5 had different programming on each or will i have to put a switch in to make sure i get all my channels sorry if this sounds stupid but i am hoping im doing the right thing​

The 1000.4 dish has a built in switch. If you use multiple dishes, you will need a DPP33 switch. You only need one cable from each receiver to the dish or switch plus a separator at the 612 to feed each tuner. Each Eastern Arc sat has different programming, locals on 77, national SD on 72 and national HD and other locals on 61.​

still not understanding

ok so if each sat has different channels i need a switch to hve the same programming on both recivers just trying to clarify i have not set up a dish in a while and i am ordering a 612 next week and a 222 or 211 in a few weeks just not sure on how hook up to the lbn on the antenna will each connector only read one sat or can it read all three im still lost please help read he dish diagram made it sound like each connector as a different sat

ok so if each sat has different channels i need a switch to hve the same programming on both recivers just trying to clarify i have not set up a dish in a while and i am ordering a 612 next week and a 222 or 211 in a few weeks just not sure on how hook up to the lbn on the antenna will each connector only read one sat or can it read all three im still lost please help read he dish diagram made it sound like each connector as a different sat
Each connector on the LNB unit can read any LNB, the receiver tells the built in LNB switch which LNB to use for that channel. When not connected to a receiver, each connector defaults to a particular LNB for use with an external switch.

thanks i got it now the store i bought the dish from told me i had to buy a dpp44 switch at 199 dollars glad i dont have to now thanks

A 222 will of course work if aimed at 110/119, though I imagine you will be missing some HD channels on other satellites. The 1000.4 will likely not work very well (if at all) when aimed at 110/119.

Didn't meen the dish itself, but the receiver using another dish. Put the receiver in my RV using a Winegard antenna. Tried to locate 119 using dish300 info. would only see 110 could not get a lock, thus no programing.

Did Dish excellerate the eastern arc approval for existing customers?

I'm near Montgomery Alabama.

....and yes, I've read the last 4 pages and the first page and didn't see anything one way or the other about where to check.

I called today to try to get Dish to convert me to Eastern Arc. The CSR said they're on a roll-out schedule, and they can't help me now. He couldn't say when they might get to me, but said something about extra capacity in 30 days or so. So I'm hoping early January.

fitzie

Combining 1000.4 with 500 (110/119)

I asked this in another thread, but I fear it will be lost there. This seems like the right place.

I live in the harrisburg DMA, and have one VIP 722. I had two 500's (110/119 and 61.5). Long story short, after a conversation, Dish sent out a tech to install (for free) a 1000.4.

He left the 500 up there, aimed at 110 (he swapped out the dual LNB for a single one). He then aimed the 1000.4.

I don't have a new smart card yet, and so of course I don't get anything from 72.7 (I was told repeatedly by EVERYONE at Dish and at the installer that the smart card was not an issue). Oddly, I get my HD locals from 77 just fine.

Here's my question: If the installer puts the dual LNB back on the 500 and gets 110/119 again, can I disable 72.7 and get all those SD channels back? Will the input on the 1000.4 accept signals from both sats? Will my receiver know what to do with 110/119/61.5/77?

Thanks,
Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)