Eastern Arc Dish Info & Install Guide

I only have a 1000.2 for 110,119,129 and a dish 500 with an I adapter pointing to 61.5 at the moment for Dish

I also have an old P* dish i mounted on a motorized H to H mount for FTA if i ever break down and buy an FTA receiver

All are pole mounted

EA issues

I work in the Harrisburg pPA and Scranton PA markets. I have two questions. In some locations in QO [Bloomsburg Pa area] The eastern arc will only intermitintly pick up locals. There is a problem with the spotbeam. Does Dish know when and is they are going to fix this problem. As of now we have to put up a 119 wing for locals [no pay from dish either]. Also with the new policy of all EA the hd locals at a customer with standard def are framed in a black box because they can't handle the format and you can't change it. I was told that there would be standard def locals on the 77 so they would have duplicates just like a two dish setup. Anyone know how to get these customers a regular picture. I appreciate all answers as they allow me to offer better customer service.

satmanjamie@yahoo.com

I work in the Harrisburg pPA and Scranton PA markets. I have two questions. In some locations in QO [Bloomsburg Pa area] The eastern arc will only intermitintly pick up locals. There is a problem with the spotbeam. Does Dish know when and is they are going to fix this problem. As of now we have to put up a 119 wing for locals [no pay from dish either]. Also with the new policy of all EA the hd locals at a customer with standard def are framed in a black box because they can't handle the format and you can't change it. I was told that there would be standard def locals on the 77 so they would have duplicates just like a two dish setup. Anyone know how to get these customers a regular picture. I appreciate all answers as they allow me to offer better customer service.

satmanjamie@yahoo.com
Harrisburg AND Scranton? That's a ton of ground to cover. Esepcially this time of year.
Bloomsburg is in which DMA?
The no pay issue for the second dish is total Bullsh!t. Are you a sub or DNS?
We are paid additional for two dish solutions. ALWAYS.
The balck frame sissue. This is a software issue and Dish has told us it will be fixed. There is nothing that can be done about it for now.
Simply inform the customer about the software and that's that.

Harrisburg AND Scranton? That's a ton of ground to cover. Esepcially this time of year.
Bloomsburg is in which DMA?
The no pay issue for the second dish is total Bullsh!t. Are you a sub or DNS?
We are paid additional for two dish solutions. ALWAYS.
The balck frame sissue. This is a software issue and Dish has told us it will be fixed. There is nothing that can be done about it for now.
Simply inform the customer about the software and that's that.
I am a sub and Bllonsburg is in the Harrisburg DMA. Yes it is alot of ground to covor but I live Dead center to both areas put about 300 miles a day on my poor truck. The reason we are not payed for the 119 wing is because we are having to do this to avoid TC's because of the bad spot beam as per dish with no new additional dish work order. I agree it is BS but they won't pay for it. Thanks for info on local HD's on SD tv's.

I am a sub and Bllonsburg is in the Harrisburg DMA. Yes it is alot of ground to covor but I live Dead center to both areas put about 300 miles a day on my poor truck. The reason we are not payed for the 119 wing is because we are having to do this to avoid TC's because of the bad spot beam as per dish with no new additional dish work order. I agree it is BS but they won't pay for it. Thanks for info on local HD's on SD tv's.
ok. I am wondering how the extra dish is paid for. The question is, does the contrctor( one from whom you receive work) have to eat the cost of the dish?
I'll tell you with a high degree of certainty we will get that extra dish added to the work order. The people I work for will not and cannot afford, to eat the cost of the dish and LNB. So I don't know what the ll is going on up there.
Noqw to your routing. Is it possible for you to be assigned a job in say Wilkes-Barre and one in Carlisle on the same day? Or do they try to tighten up your routing on a given day?
On to the spot beam issue.
Is the problem limited to the Bloomsburg area? Or is it widespread throughout the Harrisburg DMA?
Which orbital slot sends the locals to Harrisburg? Are there HD locals in that DMA?

ok. I am wondering how the extra dish is paid for. The question is, does the contrctor( one from whom you receive work) have to eat the cost of the dish?
I'll tell you with a high degree of certainty we will get that extra dish added to the work order. The people I work for will not and cannot afford, to eat the cost of the dish and LNB. So I don't know what the ll is going on up there.
Noqw to your routing. Is it possible for you to be assigned a job in say Wilkes-Barre and one in Carlisle on the same day? Or do they try to tighten up your routing on a given day?
On to the spot beam issue.
Is the problem limited to the Bloomsburg area? Or is it widespread throughout the Harrisburg DMA?
Which orbital slot sends the locals to Harrisburg? Are there HD locals in that DMA?
At this point the contractor is eating the dish we didn't do alot of 1000.4's before we figured out that they wouldn't work here. Now we only do 500 installs in the bloomsburg area. The problem is contained to an area from williamsport to bloomsburg and then south about 40 miles. No I either work for the harrisburg side or the Wilkes side never the two at the same time, thank goodness. The locals on the eastern arc are off the 61.5 western arc 119.

At this point the contractor is eating the dish we didn't do alot of 1000.4's before we figured out that they wouldn't work here. Now we only do 500 installs in the bloomsburg area. The problem is contained to an area from williamsport to bloomsburg and then south about 40 miles. No I either work for the harrisburg side or the Wilkes side never the two at the same time, thank goodness. The locals on the eastern arc are off the 61.5 western arc 119.
Eating the dish? The contractor either is a rich guy or Dish threatened him with pulling his contract if he made any noise about the free dish.
Wouldn't be hilarious if all the contractors got together and told Dish they were not working for one day as a show of "we're not gonna take yourt sh*t anymore"?

The only example I've run into in the past month with a Western to Eastern Arc conversion was a Dish Mover that was declared to have no LOS of the Western Arc by 2 technicians and then myself (FSM). Because the customer already had Vip receivers and local programming wasn't available in the particuliar area, Dish allowed me to build a work order to change the orbitals from the Western to Eastern Arc.

The only example I've run into in the past month with a Western to Eastern Arc conversion was a Dish Mover that was declared to have no LOS of the Western Arc by 2 technicians and then myself (FSM). Because the customer already had Vip receivers and local programming wasn't available in the particuliar area, Dish allowed me to build a work order to change the orbitals from the Western to Eastern Arc.
this will come up form time to time. Actually if the choice of using EA is made available ,it will reduce the number of account cancels of customers who've inadvertantly moved ot dwellings where WA is a NLOS.

Ok, has anyone installed a wing dish or a 1000.4 to receive the Springfield Mo locals?
I am in the south central Mo area, near the Arkansas border, would like to know how it worked before making the move.

Have a question. I need to install eastern arc on my main location as my dish cannot see 119 and was oked by DISH. I also have a second vacation home where I have a dish 500 for 110 and 119 and a separate dish for 61.5. My question is that Will the same receiver DVR 612 work at both locations ? Or Do I need to install eastern arc on the vacation home too?
Your advice will be greatly appreciated before I make any moves.

Have a question. I need to install eastern arc on my main location as my dish cannot see 119 and was oked by DISH. I also have a second vacation home where I have a dish 500 for 110 and 119 and a separate dish for 61.5. My question is that Will the same receiver DVR 612 work at both locations ? Or Do I need to install eastern arc on the vacation home too?
Your advice will be greatly appreciated before I make any moves.
yes
but when you move your receiver, you must run a check switch to get the receiver to recognize the different sat arrays.

Ok, has anyone installed a wing dish or a 1000.4 to receive the Springfield Mo locals?
I am in the south central Mo area, near the Arkansas border, would like to know how it worked before making the move.

My Son done a dish mover and they installed a 1000.2 and a wing dish for him. He still has a 322 receiver so the 1000.4 wouldn't work. Channel 10 and 27 looks real good off satellite in HD. None of the other locals is up yet. He moved east of Sam's Club in Springfield.

1000.2 w/ wing dish for EA

I know its not possible to get all 3 birds from EA from the 1000.2 but for those of us with a 1000.2 and a wing dish 500 for 61.5 does anyone make a 2 LNB adaptor for the 1000.2 that will allow 72 / 77 reception? This way I can get EA with my current setup.

Also if this is not available what are the DB gains by having 3 Dish 500 20" dishes pointed one per satellite as opposed to a single 1000.4 dish? :eureka

The 1000.4 collector is actually bigger than the 1000.2. But if you were trying to pull in just 72 and 77 on the 1000.2 (as opposed to all 3 in the EA), you might be able to do it. But I have not seen an adapter.

But if you are just trying to get EA, the 1000.4 isn't all that much. You can pick the dish up for around $50 on fleabay. Granted, they often charge $50 for shipping... But you can definitely get it for under $100.

You could also try using the 1000.4 LNB on the 1000.2 and cover the 61.5 spot with something. Might work?

My Son done a dish mover and they installed a 1000.2 and a wing dish for him. He still has a 322 receiver so the 1000.4 wouldn't work. Channel 10 and 27 looks real good off satellite in HD. None of the other locals is up yet. He moved east of Sam's Club in Springfield.

Thanks, I think I have a 1000.2 super dish, When I do a check switch it shows the fourth slot open. I may be able come up with a free :) dish 500 this weekend, if so may be looking for some tips to install. I have a 622 and 722 receiver.

Thanks, I think I have a 1000.2 super dish, When I do a check switch it shows the fourth slot open. I may be able come up with a free :) dish 500 this weekend, if so may be looking for some tips to install. I have a 622 and 722 receiver.

Are you putting up the wing dish without a meter and using one of your receivers? If you are, you'll want to connect the 500 directly to the reciever without a seperator and run a check switch. It will run a lot of test (like 30). If you try to connect the 500 into the 1000.2's LNB in and point the dish, you likely won't get any signal (I tried for hours before I figured this out).

Use a site like www.dishpointer.com to find your angles (you can also use your receiver, put your zip in, set it to Dish 300 and change to the sat you want). For a single LNB, your skew is 90. Set the elevation according to the spec. Swing the dish back and forth slowly in the general direction until you get signal. Tighten the mast bolts down so you can still move the dish left and right, but so that it takes some effort to turn. Pull on the top of the dish and watch the signal - if it goes up, adjust the elevation. If not, push it up and adjust. Finally, slowly tighten your mast bolts while watching the signal (tightening them will sometimes cause the dish to turn out of the signal path).

After you get it pointed, connect your wing dish to the 1000.2 LNB in and reconnect the 1000.2 to your reciever, including seperators. Run a check switch and you're golden.

Are you putting up the wing dish without a meter and using one of your receivers? If you are, you'll want to connect the 500 directly to the reciever without a seperator and run a check switch. It will run a lot of test (like 30). If you try to connect the 500 into the 1000.2's LNB in and point the dish, you likely won't get any signal (I tried for hours before I figured this out).

Use a site like www.dishpointer.com to find your angles (you can also use your receiver, put your zip in, set it to Dish 300 and change to the sat you want). For a single LNB, your skew is 90. Set the elevation according to the spec. Swing the dish back and forth slowly in the general direction until you get signal. Tighten the mast bolts down so you can still move the dish left and right, but so that it takes some effort to turn. Pull on the top of the dish and watch the signal - if it goes up, adjust the elevation. If not, push it up and adjust. Finally, slowly tighten your mast bolts while watching the signal (tightening them will sometimes cause the dish to turn out of the signal path).

After you get it pointed, connect your wing dish to the 1000.2 LNB in and reconnect the 1000.2 to your reciever, including seperators. Run a check switch and you're golden.

Thanks for the instructions :up If all goes well on the acquisition, I will give it a shot next week, assuming it is nice weather.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts