Eastern Arc Dish Installation help

ParksJ12

Original poster
Sep 27, 2010
Northern Indiana
Let me start off by saying that I enjoy a challenge, so with that I am new to the Satellite family. Recently I acquired a VIP 211K receiver and a 1000.4 Eastern Arc Dish. I have read the " Eastern Arc Dish Info & Install Guide" thread as well as many others but I have a simple question. The outputs ports on the DP plus 1000.4 LNBF are 77*W, 72.7*, 61.5* and a LNB In. Since the back of my receiver only has one satellite input what adapter do I need that will connect to all of these outports that will allow me to connect to my solo receiver? Any Help or direction is great appreciated.

Connect your cable to anyone of the those sat. ports not the in port, once you have signal run your check switch and if dish is tuned correctly you will get all three sats. The other end of cable goes goes into sat. in on receiver

Have you peaked the dish yet. If so did you use the receiver or a meter. If using the receiver, try to peak 61.5 first. Use transponder 15. try for a signal in the mid to upper 80s. Next peak 77 on transponder 17, try to get the signal around mid 50s low 60s (for simplicity you all). Then peak 72 on transponder 17 get your signal in the mid 50s. Whatever the skew setting is for your zip code is make sure it is set. Also set your elevation to your zip code. tighten the tension screws only on the elevation. Leave the side screws loose so you can fine tune elevation with the tension bar. Do this prior to peaking dish. Once you achieve your desired signal strengths, tighten the elevation screws on the side.

After dish is peaked, you will only need one cable from the dish to the receiver. You will not need to use a separator. then goto menu-system setup-installation-point dish then run check switch. Once you get a good check switch, press done. Now you will be able to run the software install and activate your box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts