Eastern Arc in Indiana

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jdncpa

Original poster
Oct 27, 2010
Indiana
I've recently started losing my dishnetwork signal due to some growing trees. I've always had issues with my HD service but now my SD is going in & out as well. My dish is already at the highest spot on my house. I've heard a little about the eastern arc and called dishnetwork about it. They told me I can't get on it. I figured I would check here for some expert advice.

Is there a reason I can't get on the eastern arc in Indiana (hamilton county to be specific)? Would I lose local channels or something else? Would my VIP722 work?

Thanks for any details on the subject. I really don't want to change service but unless I can get pointed to the east I may not have a choice.

Same here. I used to have 61.5, the former EA all HD sat, but had my Dish moved so I could get our locals off sat 129. So, If I could get it, I would think you could get the others...72, 77. However, you would have to suffice with locals OTA. Is there another area on the roof that would not be obsructed? That's what we did...about a 25' move. If not, I would call Dish Tech Support, and not talk with a regular, pre-programmed CSR.

There are tons of huge tall trees to my south and west. I can't get locals OTA. I've tried about a dozen different antennas and even had an antenna guy come out to try his luck. He wouldn't even try once he saw our trees.

We are using the only spot on the roof that will pull anything from the SW now (top of chimney). It used to work fine except HD only worked in winter when leaves were off of trees. Lately, I am getting patchy reception on all channels - SD & HD.

If I can't get locals then I can't go EA. We watch 90% locals. I thought I read a website showing Indy locals on the EA. Maybe I read it wrong or just didn't understand what I was reading. Does anyone know if/when Indy locals will be on the EA?

There are tons of huge tall trees to my south and west. I can't get locals OTA. I've tried about a dozen different antennas and even had an antenna guy come out to try his luck. He wouldn't even try once he saw our trees.

We are using the only spot on the roof that will pull anything from the SW now (top of chimney). It used to work fine except HD only worked in winter when leaves were off of trees. Lately, I am getting patchy reception on all channels - SD & HD.

If I can't get locals then I can't go EA. We watch 90% locals. I thought I read a website showing Indy locals on the EA. Maybe I read it wrong or just didn't understand what I was reading. Does anyone know if/when Indy locals will be on the EA?

Indy locals are not and will not be on Eastern Arc. I hate to say it...time to call Comcast (or move).;)

Maybe I can get someone to come out and try finding a better spot. I'm not optimistic but maybe there's a sweet spot somewhere. I've been hoping some high winds would take out a few trees but no luck so far. I'd cut one down if it weren't in the neighbor's yard.

Thanks for all your help!

Trees should not really affect OTA. How far away from the antenna farm (71st and Township Line) do you live??? BTW, sent you a PM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)