Eastern Arc in Los Angeles Signal Strength on 72.7 TP 18 Question

Success !! thanks to you all. I finally got my AI Turbo S2 and the dish 1000.4 Eastern Arc in LA. Installed it and the signal levels are much better. On 72.7 I get about 36 on average. On the transponder where it was 15 (tp 18) I now get 30. 77 also comes in just fine. Glad I made the switch to the correct Satellite. Wonder why dish does not install the eastern arc on the west coast when people have difficulty with LOS.

Also Hope dish moves the internationals to 77 to keep a single arc dish. Its annoying to have two dishes in an apartment patio. Space is already limited and you never know when the apartment will make a noise to mount it on a pole etc etc.

Again Thanks all for your help.
PS: The AI TurboS2 is fast. very fast and accurate. Can't go wrong with this meter. Expensive but for a true hobbyist Its my best purchase to date :). I also have an almost new dish 1000.2 dish and an eastern arc lnb. Let me know if someone needs it. :)
I could install it but just think how often that will happen. Pretty rare so most likely the guy didn't have the equipment on the truck and just tried to get by anyway. 30's are livable but there will be no margin for rain fade. BTW the Spanish channels are on 77 but no other internationals. I used to have a Spanish package, only reason I needed 77.

In LA, rain fade hardly occurs. On a very cloudy day last week, the signal stayed at 32 to 36 on most transponders on 72.7. On TP6 which I believe is the weakest ranges between 28 to 30 to 32 at best. 77 comes in but I don't think dish has provisioned that sat on my account so I really can't check its functionality. Besides there aren't any channels on 77 that might be of an interest. In short Eastern Arc works very well in LA and people should opt for this if its available.

As an update, yesterday it was extremly cold, cloudy and rainy. And the signal at most on 72/TP6 went down to 28 from 30. TP12 was at 30 and rest were at 35 approx. 61.5 is always in its 50's. If I start to see rain fades. I might tweak 72 higher than 61.5 as 61.5 is not of much use except the locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts