Eastern arc satellites ?

Part B is prescription drugs and if you sign up for that later but have had approved coverage through other insurance, there is no penalty. OOPS - Cold Irons is right - I must stop relying on my memory.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
Part A = Hospitalization, in-patient care - this is free
Part B = Outpatient, Doctors office, etc. has a monthly fee. The monthly fee goes up (penalty 10% per year)) for each year after 65 that you don't enroll (with some exceptions)
Part D = Prescription Drugs - also a penalty unless you have acceptable prescription coverage thru your other insurance.

Did mine 2 years ago; just signed up my wife yesterday.

I'm going to be 60 at the end of July and in two years claiming my social security. I stopped working last November in private security and retired from state of Texas Corrections in 2011. My wife retired in 2014 from the state as well and we are supplementing our pension checks from the state of Texas using my Roth IRA, which I got to cash out when I turned 59 and 1/2 at the end of last January. The state also pays for our health insurance and when we collect medicare, the plan becomes our supplement to Medicare, so we are both claiming Medicare at 65. I'm looking forward to Social Security. I plan on using a $1000.00 of it to add to my emergency fund each month. I also get my pension at 62 ,from the grocery store I worked at for 12 years. It's not a lot but its still money.

You must of got started at a very young age to have great grandchildren. I waited till I was 31 to marry and had my son at 38. My son will be 22 next month and at the rate he is going I don't expect any grandchildren till I hit my 70s , if ever.
I got married a few days in front of my 31st birthday. My son was born when I was 32. His daughter was born a few weeks in front of his 41st birthday. I became a grandfather at 73! I don't expect to see great grandchildren...

I have 2 teenage girls that I have custody of. Yes, I know. I know...
Well I don't! I love my 2 girls and think the world of them. One is still a teen, but the other (actually my step-daughter) is in her 30's and gave us two grandkids already. :D I'm so proud of my girls I could burst.

Well I don't! I love my 2 girls and think the world of them. One is still a teen, but the other (actually my step-daughter) is in her 30's and gave us two grandkids already. :D I'm so proud of my girls I could burst.
My 14 yr old came to me in December, expelled from 8th grade, angry, destructive, violent and on her way to a State home and she graduated last week with straight A's and is living like a normal 14 yr old kid - with a smart mouth

Thanks to everyone who provided information on the Dish networks
current satellites. I use the pay as you go when I’m on vacation and couldn’t pull in the last satellite!
Thanks,
Which dish are you using? I added an aluminum tape disk over the 77 "eye" on the eastern arc LNB's I use with my 1000.4 dish setup to make aiming easier. One of these days I'll snag a 1000.2 61.5 and 72.7 only DPP LNB to try instead.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Speaking of satellites, I was looking at the signal strength meter on my Hopper 2 last night and I noticed that 77 was no longer an option to select. But what genius removed that and left 148 on the list all this time?

• Haha
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)