Eastern arc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerryd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Central Wisconsin
I am trying to change my system to eastern arc using my existing equipment. Since Satellites 61.5 and 72 are about 10 degrees apart,can anyone tell me if it would it be possible to use an existing dish 500 with 2 lnbs mounted about the same distence apart as they are for satellites 110 and 119 to receive 69.5 and 72

I am trying to change my system to eastern arc using my existing equipment. Since Satellites 61.5 and 72 are about 10 degrees apart,can anyone tell me if it would it be possible to use an existing dish 500 with 2 lnbs mounted about the same distence apart as they are for satellites 110 and 119 to receive 69.5 and 72

Yes it's possible, I don't think you would get the best signal tho since one sat would be around a degree off.

Why do you want to? The eastern Arc is all Mpeg4 and would require one of the HD recievers. 77 and 72 are the equivalnt of the 110 and 119 while 61.5 is the match for 129

Yopu cannot use your exisiting equipment for Eastern Arc. You must upgrade to Eastern Arc Copmpatible receivers.
These are....Later model 622's/722's. Also 211k, 222k , 612 and 722k.
I do not understand why you wish to change orbital slots. It serves no purpose.

If you get all your programing off of 110 and 119 with a clear line of site stay there. No need to move. As dishcomm stated It would serve no useful purpose.

eastern ars

I have "moved" and want to get the chicago HD and chicago regular stations. I have a Hd622 and if I disconnect my 110 feed I can get the chicago regulars off of 61.5, If I disconnect my 129 feed I am able to receive chicago HD channels. This is why I am trying to change to eastern arc, the signal on 61.5 transponder 11 is 55, whereas the signal on the 110 for chicago feed of the non HD channels is 0,, and the signal for the chicago Hd channels on120 is 7 and won't lock in ( I am at the edge of these spot beams.)

I have "moved" and want to get the chicago HD and chicago regular stations. I have a Hd622 and if I disconnect my 110 feed I can get the chicago regulars off of 61.5, If I disconnect my 129 feed I am able to receive chicago HD channels. This is why I am trying to change to eastern arc, the signal on 61.5 transponder 11 is 55, whereas the signal on the 110 for chicago feed of the non HD channels is 0,, and the signal for the chicago Hd channels on120 is 7 and won't lock in ( I am at the edge of these spot beams.)

Wouldn't it be better to just put up a wing dish for 61.5?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)