ebay and FTA....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

theslag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Hi all..

I was poking around on ebay and looking at the coolsat 6000, they are going for super cheep, why? are the bootleg models??

Coolsat stopped selling new 6000's last summer.
The company will not honor warranty on any units sold since then.

I hadn't checked recently , but in spite of the fact, I thought they were still holding their value due to hack support.
If that went away, I can see their value dropping even faster.

If it's a real one, I'm sure it's a fine receiver.
The guys here on the forum seemed really attached to their CS 5000's
...and I believe the only difference was more ram in the 6k for epg support - :rolleyes:

I got a Coolsat 6000 Premium (2007 Model) from EBay last December for about the same price and I have not touched my Pansats since then other than for aligning my dishes, onlybecause the Pansat's signal meter can be enlarged and is more stable. I like the Coolsat a lot :)

one man's bargain . . .

I just took a quick tour of eBay (and may have missed some...)
To me, "super cheap" would be $30 - $50 for a new unit, shipped.
$70 - 80 new was just "okay"
One seller at around $60 (used & shipped) didn't really lite my fire.
Other offers were still in the bidding phase or were for remote controls.

A little sleuthing suggests the schooner has been out to sea for 3 weeks, and is taking on water.
So, it may be that the rats are deserting a sinking ship...
- :eek:
If true, prices may drop even more...

There were two CS5000's on our local craig's list for $40 each , on saturday. I think the "poorly supported " boxes are starting to hit the market at decent prices. I almost bought the Coolsats, but remembered that I was supposed to be saving my money for a Passion.

:)

Brent

The CS6000 was the first fta receiver i ever bought back in 06. i now have 3 other different receivers, and never had a bit of problems with the CS. she still works like it did the day i bought it :clap

I just bought 3 of them for $40 plus $10 shipping new in boxes. The pirate support has stopped on these and pirate dealers are selling them to get rid of them.
Seem like a GOOD receiver, got mine for the COMPONANT out and it works well. So far no problems.

We need to watch for those inflated shipping costs on the receivers. It seems that who ever sells the units (or anything else) uses the inflated shipping costs to make more money. That ain't right!

Well, honestly, I have done the same thing on ebay with lower price and higher shipping since ebay doesn't charge a final value fee that includes shipping, so over time, I save a few bucks.
However, what does bug me is what if there is a problem with an item you buy and the seller will not refund shipping costs... That is where the higher shipping can really get ya.

Couldn't resist... Snagged one (Coolsat 6000 Plat.) last night for $43 bucks shipped before I went to bed last night!

Dang, I never check the GR craigslist anymore. Seems everytime I do, whatever I want is already gone. Not that I want all those coolsats.

I got a hit from my Craiglist Sat equip. wanted ad last night, they described it as "Coolsat 6000 Mint Condition, 2 months old, $45.00". I'm going to look at it Friday if they still have it and I'm assuming it will need a thorough "disinfecting". If it is truly only 2 months old does that mean it is a clone of some sort, and if so can legit factory firmware even be loaded on it? I would like to have a second receiver to play with and this one is nearby and sounds cheap enough.

grab any of the 4/5/6k models while you can cheap. While poking around for viewsat 9000 blindscan solutions, I saw that those models are again being "supported", so the cheap prices won't last.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)