Ebay Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

srober

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
I was checking out some HD receivers on Ebay. Are there certain brands/models I should try to avoid? I figured I would have to get a new access card from Directv is there anything else I should know. I dont ebay much.

I'm assuming you are a current customer?
Direct wont activate used equipment for new customers

Things to worry would be if there is a huge balance on it or if it was fried when Direct did their ECM for the new cards

How long do you have to be signed up to then add an IRD?

Ex: I get a free 2 room install today and then next weekend I buy an HD unit from ebay to add; will they do that?

As a new customer you might want to check any agreements you have signed. Some dealers will charge you back if you disconnect equipment, I assume you are replacing 1 of the two receivers you are having installed. Also why aren't you just buying a new HDTV receiver as 1 of the two you are getting installed? The best deals are when you are a new customer.

boba said:
Also why aren't you just buying a new HDTV receiver as 1 of the two you are getting installed?

The best reason is because they only offer the cheapest HD IRD in the deal, not your choice of IRD.

Iceberg said:
I'm assuming you are a current customer?
Direct wont activate used equipment for new customers

Things to worry would be if there is a huge balance on it or if it was fried when Direct did their ECM for the new cards

you must be thinking of dish network, directv dosent play like that, if you get a used reciever you have to buy a card for 20 dollars, that way, you dont owe a thing and you get a new card, dish on the other hand does stick you with other peoples balance.

Yes I have been a subscriber for 5 years. So there shouldnt be a problem buying used equipment?

Quite a few receivers under $100, im to chicken to try it heh.

those IRDs under $100 can't be HD, and if they are it is a starting price and will get to the $299 and over real fast.

LOL no, i used to be a tester way back when and got entire setups for free, i worked it out to keep a few items. I wish I had time to watch it all and then I WOULD get the barco-fridge with toilet attachment!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts