Local Channel availability...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanswx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 21, 2004
Champaign, IL
I've been a DirecTV customer since 1997 and recently found this great forum. Back in the spring I started seeing a notice both on the directv website and channel 999 that local channels were coming to my area in 2004. Granted I have an outdoor antenna, but it's a pain in the rear to turn the rotor all the time when I want to change stations. So now it's September and they still say 'coming in 2004' with the local channels in my area. Does anyone have any clue if this is going to happen this year or not? I'm in the market they describe as Champaign/Decatur/Springfield, IL.

I was at a friends house this evening who has Dish Network and it pained me to see all the locals on there, he's had them for months now. I've emailed directv several times between the spring and now, and they always respond with 'please keep checking the website and ch. 999'. One of them did inform me they had some sort of issue with the new satellite they put up, but still didn't give me any estimated date that it would be up.

Thanks to all!

-Stan

i had a tivo installed over the weekend and was told they were to be here on monday the 27th. and should call directv that morning and be early to avoid the crowd as the longer u wait the more time it will take to get to u

i work for state governmnent in springfield and my boss has dish and he waited till the 1st of june to get to his installed as we did not schedule it right away.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)