Echo II gone?! (CONFIRMED) (Echostar 2)

Here guys - lemme burst your bubble... E2 is toast, cause it toasted itself like a 'good' series 7000 does... Unofficial (but a good bet cause) - Power subs catastrophic fail. Ergans PR folks will drop the bomb later on...
You really know how to impress people.:rolleyes:

Somethin had going on since last evening - but it no longer has a heartbeat. It was a quick-painless demise.

thnks for the welcome Jansan. Sure - I come out of the 'ozone' to drop 'de bomb'.. It's all true. Just believe in the crusty old sat eng - he tell no lies.

Ask Rich - he knows.... (hi Rich)....

How so? From what I read the impact would be minimal, especially considering there has been no disruptions thus far.

What specific types of transmissions does this bird provide?

This is one of the Birds to go to 77.....It will provide Mexican programming and be part of the easter arc I believe.

you can go here to see them taking programming off of it, also go to Voyagers link to see their plans

http://www.satelliteguys.us/uplink-...ivity-report-7-15-2008-4-02am-70-changes.html

again, this is probably nothing...I hope...but if it is, this would be the 2nd sat lost to dish eastern arc plans...but lets see this one play out, as someone else mentioned this could be all part of the move.

I just called a friend of mine who works at E. I asked him about E2. He had a strange tone of voice and said he couldn't talk about it. I believe something is up.

2 month short of being 12 years old (sept 11/96 launch)-- long in the tooth no matter how you look at it. Mexicans are starting up a new satellite tv company and rumor is the Dish is involved so they do need the capacity at 77.

DJ Rob - well yea your pals at E* aren't gonna say boo about E2.

Be patient - the presser will come out and validate it's demise.

I probably have E* going nuts now anyway/....

Somethin had going on since last evening - but it no longer has a heartbeat. It was a quick-painless demise.

thnks for the welcome Jansan. Sure - I come out of the 'ozone' to drop 'de bomb'.. It's all true. Just believe in the crusty old sat eng - he tell no lies.

Ask Rich - he knows.... (hi Rich)....
If so, then I apologize. When the first post is rather harsh it creates a lot of skeptics.

I have this weird feeling it went away too since NOTHING is being received from it. If indeed dish was moving things over to prepare for it's move they would move the channels and the old carriers would stay in case their was a problem they would quickly switch them back.

rad,

I don't think it is appropriate to take a post out of the pubzone into the open forums. Especially Scott's.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)