Echo II gone?! (CONFIRMED) (Echostar 2)

I have this weird feeling it went away too since NOTHING is being received from it. If indeed dish was moving things over to prepare for it's move they would move the channels and the old carriers would stay in case their was a problem they would quickly switch them back.

I would think that moving the channels at 4:00 in the morning would be a dead giveaway that it wasn't a planned move.

Somethin had going on since last evening - but it no longer has a heartbeat. It was a quick-painless demise.

thnks for the welcome Jansan. Sure - I come out of the 'ozone' to drop 'de bomb'.. It's all true. Just believe in the crusty old sat eng - he tell no lies.

Ask Rich - he knows.... (hi Rich)....

You wouldn't be related to Smith P would you? :p

Prove it...Until then you will just be seen as a troll.
I thought this was all about rumors or gossip ? If we have to wait for Dish to acknowledge this, why is this thread here ? It appears the problem is is that he's saying something people don't want to hear. He may be right and really can't give too much info. If he gives out the right information, maybe only a small # know this at this point and it would be easy to know that someone in that group talked.

I thought this was all about rumors or gossip ? If we have to wait for Dish to acknowledge this, why is this thread here ? It appears the problem is is that he's saying something people don't want to hear. He may be right and really can't give too much info. If he gives out the right information, maybe only a small # know this at this point and it would be easy to know that someone in that group talked.
Which is why I apologized in my later post

Hall we agree on this...for once :D. Good point, I hope everyone reads that slowly!

Wow, I hope this is not true. At least it as a 12 year old sat with only 16 transponders. But it will have serious implications for 77 plans. Then again, perhaps the problem will be resolved.

What is the implication be of a piece of space junk the size of E2 floating around the Clarke Belt?

Some day, another sat might have to maneuver to avoid collision. But that's pretty low in likelihood. LOTTA space up there.

I recommend that we keep discussions here. It ffects all subs not just those with access to certain forums and believe it or not useful info may come from someone who does not have access to those forums.

I would think that moving the channels at 4:00 in the morning would be a dead giveaway that it wasn't a planned move.

That's the best time to move as it affects the least amount of active viewers. This is no different than doing system changes in a defined change window for server infrastructure. This is often overnight on Friday and Saturday nights to correlate with slow periods in internet traffic. Some depends on your geography too.

Last edited:
If it was a failure it will probably be a while before we hear anything from Dish. They would be trying a series of recovery steps to see if they can recover from whatever went wrong. It probably takes a few days to exhaust the recovery efforts before they would announce

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)