Echostar 10

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Digital Rain said:
What is E*10 going to be used for? and where will it be located?
I see on Lyngsat it's at 138.5w - i guess it's in test mode.
It should start moving toward 110w within ten days. FCC has already granted approval for testing there, but hasn't granted approval to broadcast from there yet. It should be used to help Dish comply with the "one-dish locals" mandate first, then who knows.

mdonnelly said:
It should start moving toward 110w within ten days. FCC has already granted approval for testing there, but hasn't granted approval to broadcast from there yet. It should be used to help Dish comply with the "one-dish locals" mandate first, then who knows.
Isn't their talk of moving some of the superdish markets onto the echostar x bird?

mustang65 said:
Isn't their talk of moving some of the superdish markets onto the echostar x bird?

Yes. I'm being told by DNS internal that next month E-10 will be in place and Atlanta Locals and Chattanooga locals will all be on 110. Chattanooga Locals are currently on 105 transponder 1. I believe in retailer chat they announced this as well.

Digital Rain said:
So if that's the case all the locals that are on 61.5 and 148 will be moved. Is there any other info on the bird anywhere?

Certainly all the locals that are split between 110/119 and 61.5 or 148 will be moved to 110/119 because of Congressional legislation but there are markets with all their locals on 148 that may stay on 148. It is somewhat sad that you ask a question about info on the E-10 satellite because you really need to learn how to use the search function on this forum. Another source is the following:

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/297

You also may want to try the other satellite forum (address below) that I am pretty sure has more useful information/discussion on the E-10 satellite. It seems that most folks on this forum are really not too interested in the satellite aspects of satellite television. In fact my postings on the other forum about satellites has been described as intellectual masturbation on this forum. I guess folks rather complain about HDlite and lack of bandwidth then try to understand what Dish is doing to increase their bandwidth capability.

http://www.dbstalk.com./index.php?

WOW, ok... where did that one come from? and provide proof where that was said please.. and if you feel that way then why are you here? There is no need to flaim any site for your feelings.

Last edited:
rocatman said:
You also may want to try the other satellite forum (address below) that I am pretty sure has more useful information/discussion on the E-10 satellite. It seems that most folks on this forum are really not too interested in the satellite aspects of satellite television. In fact my postings on the other forum about satellites has been described as intellectual masturbation on this forum. I guess folks rather complain about HDlite and lack of bandwidth then try to understand what Dish is doing to increase their bandwidth capability.
Oh so your one of the 6 people that actually post there. :D

I know lots about E 10 but I can't say much yet. :D

rocatman said:
Certainly all the locals that are split between 110/119 and 61.5 or 148 will be moved to 110/119 because of Congressional legislation but there are markets with all their locals on 148 that may stay on 148. It is somewhat sad that you ask a question about info on the E-10 satellite because you really need to learn how to use the search function on this forum. Another source is the following:

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/297

http://www.dbstalk.com./index.php?

Talk about stroking ones ego, reminds me of squidward from Sponge Bob, and just as condescending.

"You also may want to try the other satellite forum (address below) that I am pretty sure has more useful information/discussion on the E-10 satellite."

:yikes :eek: :what

I have heard it is supposedly a triband sat but Ive never had the time to verify it but Im sure that we will be told soon enough by our trainer.

Hes talking about this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=47438&highlight=masturbation

I'm guessing he only wanted technical posts or something. I thought the comments were pretty funny myself. While I appreciate accurate and technical details, I don't get all serious on a message board. Life is too short.

Its funny that he posted a link just to the main index of that site. Why not post a link to the Echostar X superduper technical info thread? Oh, and by the way, I posted technical information over there once, had my technical information DELETED, thread CLOSED, and GOT BANNED.

I prefer an atmosphere which is open and free of overzealous moderation.

that thread is 104 days old and he still hasnt gotten over it yet.... I too prefer a place that has a good atmoshphere over having threads DELETED, CLOSED, and oh yea I got BANNED from there too for "not agreeing with the views of that forum" wich consisted of one person who acted like a child because I brought forth technical information that was posted here first! ;) alls fair, and that site has some bad Karma to it... so I stay away :)

rocatman said:
You also may want to try the other satellite forum (address below) that I am pretty sure has more useful information/discussion on the E-10 satellite.
Is that the one that said 10,000+ 622's are ready to go? And that Atlanta HD's were definately going to be on 61.5?

Is there any truth to what trjam said?

That would be the greatest. I don't want 2 dishes. My superdish (110/119/121)
is on my apartment balcony. No more dishes possible. I want HD.

Put all HD at 110, pleeeeeeeeeeeease!

abh420 said:
Is there any truth to what trjam said?

That would be the greatest. I don't want 2 dishes. My superdish (110/119/121)
is on my apartment balcony. No more dishes possible. I want HD.

Put all HD at 110, pleeeeeeeeeeeease!

no truth... HD right now is going to be on 110,129 and 61.5 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)