Echostar 14 119W transition information

I do not think we will see anything new until the transition is over..then it is game on. No need to confuse the delicate puzzle pieces being moved.

Receiver: (DVR 625)
Area: Bayamon, PR 00956
Weather: Cloudy
Dish: 2 (1 4', 1 3')
Time/Date: 12:40 pm/5/22/2010

TP 1: 0
TP 2: 125
TP 3: 0
TP 4: 0
TP 5: 0
TP 6: 125
TP 7: 0
TP 8: 73
TP 9: 77
TP 10: 125
TP 11: 80
TP 12: 82
TP 13: 125
TP 14: 125
TP 15: 89
TP 16: 78
TP 17: 125
TP 18: 125
TP 19: 86
TP 20: 76
TP 21: 125

History Channel is coming with heavy pixellation. :-(

d00d I got a more useful job for that BIG dish at your place,
I could even possibly donate you a smaller dish, as you don't need such large thing from now on for 119.
what about 72.7?? hehehe :D
PM me!!

Last edited:
Updated the first post with E14 loading information

I assume that the spot beams for transponders above 5, are there to be used when Western Arc shifts to 8PSK ?

I also assume that EchoStar 7 is now turned off ?

PS So now, over a period of four years, Dish has replaced all the satellites on Western Arc...

Updated the first post with E14 loading information

Interesting they have moved from 24 to 40 spot beams being used. Very nice increase in local market coverage ability. It also looks like they could hold a lot of backup coverage if they had failures at 110 they had to cover.

I assume that the spot beams for transponders above 5, are there to be used when Western Arc shifts to 8PSK ?

I also assume that EchoStar 7 is now turned off ?

PS So now, over a period of four years, Dish has replaced all the satellites on Western Arc...

They would have quite a bit of bandwidth if they moved over to 8PSK since they would have more on E10 spots. I believe this is basically for spotbeam backup at this time with future planning in play of course.

Interesting they have moved from 24 to 40 spot beams being used. Very nice increase in local market coverage ability. It also looks like they could hold a lot of backup coverage if they had failures at 110 they had to cover.

There are a few transponders on some beams that share uplink transponders with each other so not all of the transponders on all the beams could be used at the same time. I'll mark these shared transponders.

Which TP's Change FEC on 6/10? At what time?

On 6/10 a couple of CONUS TP's will move from 5/6 FEC to 7/8, the rest of them on 6/17 will change to 7/8 FEC.

Digiblur, Is there any way you can tell us what TP numbers are changing FEC on 6/10? Can you also tell what time? 3am Eastern? Thanks.

119 help

ok here's what I have done to try to get 119 in Northern Alberta Canada

I had it 119 before the switch was getting very good signal on Tp 11 around 90%
then nothing tried to re point it with no luck tried DP 301 DP 3700 DP 6141 d box fta
I can pick up 110 easy and 91,82, 129 no problem. but 119 is hard I'm using sat buddy finder. using 1.2 meter dish and legacy LNBF.

I tried Transponder 6 no luck

what are my options and what transponders should i use.

thank you for all your help in advance.

been with out my shows since it went down for me. other than 110 it's good.

then nothing tried to re point it with no luck tried DP 301 DP 3700 DP 6141 d box fta
I can pick up 110 easy and 91,82, 129 no problem. but 119 is hard I'm using sat buddy finder. using 1.2 meter dish and legacy LNBF.

Well If you had signal with the 1.2 m and you lost it at all looks like very bad news unless you moved the antenna so far away you are no longer are aiming @ 119W.

Most certain way is to read the signal with a cheap spectrum analyzer (for example combolook arround $1,200) to see if you receive any peak at all....

You could start testing with 1.8 m but no one here can say it's a sure thing.
I agree 72.7 W should be your cheappest option.

Good Luck!!!

How far north is north?

This is where you start when you are in a fringe area.

e14

Satkml: Echostar 14 119W TC1R Conus

e7

Satkml: Echostar 7 119W CONT Conus

Look at the EIRP number, not the color since the values are unique for each satellite.

I'd guess a 1.8 or 2.4M antenna would work well in Northern Alberta

When will the transition of 119 be over, if you know?

Finnigan

They are done as of last week or so when they moved the rest of the transponders to an FEC of 7/8.

Only thing you will see happening is possibly some moving of channels between transponders due to the slight gain of bandwidth with the FEC 7/8 and additional spotbeams receiving new HD local markets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)