Echostar 14 119W transition information

Old and new signal readings from PR, extremely cloudy, with an old 6 footer, legacy

TP E7 E14
1- 0 - 0
2- 46 - 46
3- 0 - 0
4- 52 - 0 (seems to have gone to spotbeams)
5- 0 - 0
6- 57 - 54
7- 0 - 0
8- 56 - 93!!
9- 0 - 85!!
10-57 - 45
11-57 - 90!!
12-60 - 98!!
13-57 - 41
14-55 - 46
15-56 - 95!!
16-60 - 100!!
17-54 - 41
18-56 - 48
19-54 - 94!!
20-57 - 96!!
21-56 - 52

So, digiblur's predictions were really accurate, with the exception of the additionTp 9 (seems that everything CONUS on tp 4 went to Tp 9). Great job, as always, digi!

TP 9 wasn't listed as I forgot... it was part of the spotbeam shuffle as TP 2 and TP 4 had to move.

Digi do you have any knowledge if there is going to be an uplink today by Dish to the new Echo 14 besides the change of Conus TP's aleady done this morning. And what exactly they are doing with TP's 2 and 10 wish have strange low level readings here in PR

digiblur, in the The List!, Subscription List for Home, Dish Network Subscription Channels listing, do you think you could add to each satellite (maybe in parenthesis) which Echostar (E7, E14, etc) it is? That would help folks that aren't up to speed like me that don't know the Echostar numbers that are at each satellite position without having to research it. Thanks if you can do this or if it is not a good idea for some reason.

digiblur, in the The List!, Subscription List for Home, Dish Network Subscription Channels listing, do you think you could add to each satellite (maybe in parenthesis) which Echostar (E7, E14, etc) it is? That would help folks that aren't up to speed like me that don't know the Echostar numbers that are at each satellite position without having to research it. Thanks if you can do this or if it is not a good idea for some reason.

It might be a bit difficult to do because of space on the screen. I'm also not sending the abbreviated names from the uplink tool to TheList.. I will think about adding this when I add in the full channel name conversion table.

This is a known problem that has never been acknowledged by Dish.

If it is due to EchoStar 7 itself, then it will go away tomorrow.

PS There is a trick that works.... switch from Tuner 1 to Tuner 2 and then you will see the signal strength for a brief fraction of a second...

The problem went away, and I get signal strengths in 60's and 70's on the HD channels.

receiver, 322, area, springfield, mo, 65804, weather, cloudy, dish, 500, i'm blind so i can't give tp and signal. all i know is the audio and what little i can see of the picture is good. time, 101 pm cst.

Just an FYI to the folks watching this thread and the uplink threads.

You might ask, "Why doesn't the uplink report show the national channels move from E7 to E14?" You won't see these moves if they stay on the same transponder. Dish does not have to change anything in the tables. In simple terms, they send the command to turn off the transponder on E7 then send another command to E14 to turn on its transponder.

In the upcoming reports you might notice some CONUS transponders might say Echostar 7 for for a fact we know it is from E14. I will update the names of the CONUS transponders when the transition is done otherwise I'll have to rework some things with my daily sports move filters that prevent a report popping up every morning.

Just an FYI to the folks watching this thread and the uplink threads.

You might ask, "Why doesn't the uplink report show the national channels move from E7 to E14?" You won't see these moves if they stay on the same transponder. Dish does not have to change anything in the tables. In simple terms, they send the command to turn off the transponder on E7 then send another command to E14 to turn on its transponder.

In the upcoming reports you might notice some CONUS transponders might say Echostar 7 for for a fact we know it is from E14. I will update the names of the CONUS transponders when the transition is done otherwise I'll have to rework some things with my daily sports move filters that prevent a report popping up every morning.

So digi,,,,using this logic...can we assume eg channels on TP11 coming from E14 rather on E7?

So digi,,,,using this logic...can we assume eg channels on TP11 coming from E14 rather on E7?

I'm not following your question. But based on the EPG info going off air last night and the higher signals from PR, TP 11 is coming from E14.

Like I've said before... it looks like 8,9,11,12,15,16,19,20 are from E14 at this time. and of course the spotbeams that moved last night.

Oh well, looks like my viewing from 119 is about done. I get 0 signal on all the conus feeds moved to echo 14. Good thing I pretty much only watch HD anyway.
If your wondering, Im at 114 by 64 (NWT, Can)

I'm not following your question. But based on the EPG info going off air last night and the higher signals from PR, TP 11 is coming from E14.

Like I've said before... it looks like 8,9,11,12,15,16,19,20 are from E14 at this time. and of course the spotbeams that moved last night.

my signal improved greatly...any idea when the rest of the conus will move :up

I only saw the schedule for phase 1 was moved up, but phase 2 was not moved up. Check your guides tonight around 3am central for Off Airs.

There are no Off Airs in the schedule.

The logical assumption would be that they would move the rest of the CONUS channels on 5/27 when they move the next set of spot beam channels.

Laddyboy said:
A few hotter transponders (12, 15, 16, 19, 20) and one significantly colder (#4). The rest were within 3 points or so of the E7 strengths taken under similar conditions.

I saw the same thing this morning. Odd the quality would not improve when the FEC did not change.

There are no Off Airs in the schedule.

The logical assumption would be that they would move the rest of the CONUS channels on 5/27 when they move the next set of spot beam channels.

When are all these changes, etc going to be "final" ?

Transponder 6,10,13,14,17,18,21 will move over to E14 on May24th AM. Spots will continue to move as referenced in the first post of this thread on 5/24, 5/26, 5/27.

On 6/10 a couple of CONUS TP's will move from 5/6 FEC to 7/8, the rest of them on 6/17. I suspect the few I have heard receiving a faint signal in Mexico will lose the lock on the signal with this FEC change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)