ECHOSTAR 500 (C – KU) BAND SATELLITE SYSTEM IRD 9' DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was the winning bidder... um the only bidder! Dish seems to work well.. ditched the corotor/servo lnb for a geosat C/ku1 LNBF.. What a tank of a dish(seems really deep.. the polar Mount is heavy(that alone takes 2 people to move it). Analog Echostar reciever is also built like a tank... Interesting. I've always wanted to go C band!!!

Attachments

• DSC00105.JPG
    DSC00105.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 233
  • DSC00106.JPG
    DSC00106.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 237
congrats:

Well, you certainly paid a fair price! - :up
Wonder if we have some experts who'd know how good this old dish is?
Just by looking, I'm impressed.

So, when you get it assembled and installed, let's see more pictures.
If you have any trouble getting it going, I'm sure you'll get plenty of help here.

Was the corotor a original type? please post some pics of if you don't care. Some of the menbers here me encincuded like to use corotors.

I thought about using the original lnb.. But the analog receiver was a little complex all on it's own.. I couldn't imagine trying to flip back the transporder from H to V on the analog box and also worry about the dvb receiver too:yikes I've got enough confusion in my Home theater setup:D I'll hang on to the Analog just in case.. rumor has it there are college football games still using the Analog.. IE = tonights Green bay Preseason game..

I got the dish all setup... tracks the arc fine.. was pretty easy cause I marked everything I took apart.. and the guy I got It from was almost at the same Latitute so no elevation adjustment.. I did run into a issue with the actuator arm mounting bracket and the way it pointed.. Cost me a pivot bearing ($12 from auto store) It screws into the end of the arm... I broke that sucker right off when I when past 72w :eek: opps

Also enclosed is my patented bud lifter! My Honda atv found another use! Wife worked the wrench while I moved it into position and bolted it to the ring.. TEAM WORK

Attachments

• DSC00131.JPG
    DSC00131.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 183
  • DSC00132.JPG
    DSC00132.JPG
    965.9 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC00107.JPG
    DSC00107.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 202
  • DSC00108.JPG
    DSC00108.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 212
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)