Echostar 6@72.5w.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

quasimodem

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 30, 2009
Marlow, New Hampshire
I've read at another site that TVland is in the clear on ES6.
I've tried scanning for this satellite and when I zero in on a strong quality my receiver (Viewsat Ultra) reports that I'm either on Echostar 4.8 @77w. or (oddly enough) that I'm on AMC 6/C @ 72w.
What puzzles me is that when I scan either, the channels all end up as radio channels and not tv channels. They obviolusly are not radio channels because they are titled like "HBOE", or "Echostr 104".
Am I doing something wrong, is there something I should be setting in the scan that I'm missing?
I get a very strong signal quality, but can't imagine that I'm actually reading a Cband signal with the circular side of my Invacom QPH-031 with an lnb frequency setting of 11250.....
any help or sggestions greatly appreciated....

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Its MPEG4 so you need a MPEG4 capable receiver (all channels on DBS 72 & 77 are MPEG4)

most receivers they show up as radio channels

quasimodem

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 30, 2009
Marlow, New Hampshire
thanks Ice-
is there a list of Mpeg4 receivers somewhere?
not that I'd buy one just to get this satellite...but it seems there might be more of this sort of signal out there....

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
a list?....not that I know of

These receivers confirmed will do MPEG4...hopefully others can chime in with other HD boxes
-Coolsat 8000
-Coolsat 8100 (a 8000 with a PVR option)
-Pansat 9000
-Pansat 9200
-AzBox

and all of the above will do DVB-S2 too (well the 9200 needs an add on board)

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
thanks Ice-
is there a list of Mpeg4 receivers somewhere?
not that I'd buy one just to get this satellite...but it seems there might be more of this sort of signal out there....

a list?....not that I know of

These receivers confirmed will do MPEG4...hopefully others can chime in with other HD boxes
-Coolsat 8000
-Coolsat 8100 (a 8000 with a PVR option)
-Pansat 9000
-Pansat 9200
-AzBox

and all of the above will do DVB-S2 too (well the 9200 needs an add on board)

Quasimodem,

Be cautious if you opt for the AzBox receiver. Right now I think it has the best potential of any HD capable boxes out there, but it is not for a beginner. I have been around the sat industry for a few short years and this box is kicking my butt!

This AZBox is awesome! But, it is also very troublesome! You have to learn a whole new set of rules with this box. If you have an IT degree, you might just get by acceptably. I am having problems.

Don't get me wrong, the box is user friendly, but when you desire to get elaborate in what you do with it, you need to know a lot more than the average Joe.

I have always stated that this FTA business is a hobby, now I have my hands full of hobby! LOL If you want to learn this box, be prepared to devote a great deal of time to learn it properly. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed, but you might want to reserve some cuss words for a special occasion. :)

Your experience with this box will (if you are willing) teach you a great deal about computers and Networking. I find this to be a part of the overall hobby, but it is quite a major affair to learn the ropes of this box.

Do not be too scared of the AZBox, but don't jump on one if you are a newbie to satellite technology or a newbie to computer programming.

I have possibly jumped into waters that were over my head, but I do know how to tread water. I am learning a great deal about computers and FTP and networking skills that I never really desired to learn before. Now I need these skills.

The AZBox is for computer geeks, that is all I can say. That sums it up pretty well.

If you want to jump on the AZBox, keep what I say in mind, do not let it catch you off guard.

Friend to you...

RADAR

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I dont have any issues with the azbox. But then again I use it for watching tv and skip the other stuff on it like web browser and youtube :D

Also I worked with a QualiTV which works kinda the same way for adding TP's

I've had my azbox for 3 weeks now and LOVE it!!

But stogie did mention when he did his review back in May
That said, if you are a newbie, do NOT start with this box! This is NOT plug n play!

madmadworld

Official TV Watcher
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 7, 2006
up on the roof in SinCity
Sonic View-8000 HD does mpeg 4 better than my Pansat 9000 and i am told the 9200 also,the pansats do not do Fashion TV n 97 at all and it is a free mpeg-4 station.
good luck

stone1150

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 2, 2008
Northern Indiana
Sonic View-8000 HD does mpeg 4 better than my Pansat 9000 and i am told the 9200 also,the pansats do not do Fashion TV n 97 at all and it is a free mpeg-4 station.
good luck

First off this being my first post, This is a great site! I have a 9200 complete with s-2 plus board. Before I added the s-2 plus board I had Fashon tv HD on the 97 bird. I still have it as I type this. Whoever said that the pansats do not do ftv was mistaken. Just for everyones information. Have a great day!

madmadworld

Official TV Watcher
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 7, 2006
up on the roof in SinCity
First off this being my first post, This is a great site! I have a 9200 complete with s-2 plus board. Before I added the s-2 plus board I had Fashon tv HD on the 97 bird. I still have it as I type this. Whoever said that the pansats do not do ftv was mistaken. Just for everyones information. Have a great day!

have you left it on there for say a hour ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts