EchoStar: 6 More HDTV Channels In 2007

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I 've had Dish for a week now,And I've got to say I haven't found 1 thing on the voom channels worth watching. Not impressed with the voom package.The HD looks good ,but programming is boring IMO. Not worth the extra $$$

It certainly depends on what sort of programming you are looking for.

My wife likes to watch the latest fashions, and Ultra-HD is much better than any other channel for that - they have the full collections soon after the shows, and, of course, HD is much better for looking at clothes (and supermodels :) ).

I found that I like Rave-HD quite a bit, as it has recorded live music concerts 24/7. Mtv-HD should be a good complement, since IIRC it is studio music videos instead.

Other subjects covered by Voom, (besides Music and Fashion) are Horror Films, Martial Arts Films, Indie Films, Intl Films, Intl Sports, Extreme Sports, Art, Travel, Antiques, Videogaming, and Animation.

All in all, Voom is a surprisingly intellectual and "high-brow" collection of channels (aside from the Horror and Martial Arts channels, which ironically are responsible for the "trashy" reputation of Voom, despite the fact that most of the programming would be suitable for PBS, BBC, Discovery or Natl Geographic). I suppose that the creators of Voom felt that the early adopters of HD were likely to be wealthy upper-middle class types...

By the way, while there is definitely repetition on the Voom channels, there is certainly a lot of repetition and reruns on all the other channels as well. There is 168 hours per week per channel, and no channel has 168 hours of new material each week. The Voom channels do have new material every month, rough guess of 5-10 hours per week of new material.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts