EchoStar Files Suit Over FTA Boxes

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If they do we're all screwed. they can't get Dish boxes right...what the hell would they do to our boxes?

Read through their EchostarEurope.COM site, some very interesting reading there.

I want dish to nail these hackers and companies, but I want them to leave the legit hobby alone.

I don't think Echostar wants go get rid of FTA manufactures. They want to get rid of manufactures that make FTA boxes with the main intent being to use them for hacks. (i.e. Viewsat, Coolsat, Sonicview, Buzz, Captiveworks, ect.....) I am pretty sure most people know which boxes are meant for the hack market.

I don't think Echostar wants go get rid of FTA manufactures. They want to get rid of manufactures that make FTA boxes with the main intent being to use them for hacks. (i.e. Viewsat, Coolsat, Sonicview, Buzz, Captiveworks, ect.....) I am pretty sure most people know which boxes are meant for the hack market.
seems to me you mention all but Fortec, hmmm

by your reasoning all fta irds cept fortec pansat and maybe traxis are only legit fta makers?

Well I didn't include Traxis, because that is a no-brainer. There is not any hack software for Traxis (like there is for Pansat and Fortec).

I would say that Pansat, Fortec, Traxis, and QualiTV are legit FTA makers.

Pansats and Fortecs have software too sadly. But these 2 have been around for a while. I will say this. Yes Coolsat may cater to them but at least us legit folks have a helluva box to use. Not like some manufacturers that have a "motor" option or "blind scan" and they work like bunk.

I love my CS5000 & 8000...and both are 100% legal (version 1.00 software on the 5000)

well i own a pansat 2700, there is so much free up there that is not illegal. what about direct tv? hell alot of our techs even sell them, be honest i would rather surf for wild feeds than watch ppv. i believe it is up to the owner. if you want to take the chance it is your responsibility. real fta should never be taken away.

Check it out for yourself...

EchoStar Europe - Digital Television Design - Powering the Free-to-Air Revolution

The title of the page is... Echostar Europe - Powering the Free-To-Air Revolution
I kid you not.

Another quote on their HOMEPAGE is this statement...

See we really are beta testers for all this stuff. :D :D
Interesting website indeed.

I about fell out, reading this page: EchoStar Europe - Products - Dish Core

(Regarding the Dish Network receiver line specifically)
Although our core software is extremely adaptable, it’s most important feature is stability.

I love my Coolsat 5000 , it is a great FTA receiver............

Don't know who their target consumer was when they designed it or what their intent was but it has to be one of the best planned out receivers.

If echostar can shutdown all the hacking sites and put a nail in the viewsat sonic view coffin , I wonder how many coverts we will have going from Hack to True FTA.

That itself would be phenomenal , TRUE FTA being watched by tens of thousands of ex-hackers.

I love my Coolsat 5000 , it is a great FTA receiver............

Don't know who their target consumer was when they designed it or what their intent was but it has to be one of the best planned out receivers.

If echostar can shutdown all the hacking sites and put a nail in the viewsat sonic view coffin ,

Well, I have only had my hands on three fta boxes. The first was a Pansat 1000A (remember it?), then I bought a sonicview sv-1000, and recently set up a fortec mercury for my dad. As highly touted as that fortec mercury is, I will take my sonicview anyday!

A little off topic..

Wasn't DirecTV and Dish Network suppose to give us our local stations for FREE and not charge $5-6 a month for them..

huh?

They have to pay for them to uplink them and get everything set up somehow... ;)

we've always had to pay for locals...even when it was just PT24

Seriously, what is available FTA that is interesting? I looked into getting a FTA box back when there was a special on this website and other than PBS it didn't look like there was very much. I already get a decent PBS OTA so I passed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts