Echostar files to move E6 to 61.5W

And as per usual, totally uneducated as to the matter. No one at Dish Planned on the failure of current 61.5. Sh*t happened.
I probably should have spent some more time in my previous email and explained my thought in a little more detail.

I understand that the 61.5 failure was totally unexpected and I can't blame Dish for the failure. And I do believe that Dish's original plan was to light the new HD up on 61.5 for those that have 110/119/61.5 configuration.

What I was responding to was the suggestion that Dish is now reconsidering moving the new HD to 61.5 from the 72.7 bird. Scott is usually dead on the money with his news, and if he says Dish is reconsidering because of the costs they are incurring in upgrading existing customers then I believe him.

My point is that if Dish had come clean up front, and told the 110/119/61.5 people there would be a delay in their new HD but they should be up in a month or two, I don't think you would have had the rush of people pushing for upgrades.

Saying "A small number of customers have configurations that currently do not allow them to receive the recently launched HD channels. As each situation is unique, we are working with customers who wish to receive the channels on a case-by-case basis to determine the best solution for them." Implies that there is no plan for their HD and, in effect, forces them to ask for upgrades. The same upgrades that Dish is saying will now keep them from moving HD to the 61.5 bird.

You are correct, Sh*t happens. The difference between a well run company and a second tier company is how they handle it.

I wouldn't say it's speculation look at all we announced here this year alone all of it on the money.

I see lots of internal conversations and documents that I am sure dish does not want me to see.

From what I am hearing now is it's costing a lit for them to upgrade people they don't want to pay all this money for hardware upgrades to just apply a band aid for a month thus the reason are not moving the channels back to 61.5 when a healthy bird is there.

For someone who is ill informed I am awfully damn accurate. :)

With that said I am just passing along what I hear. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott, so you're saying that Charlie is now blaming us for not moving HD over to the new satellite when it arrives? If only we would have trusted him all would have been well in a month? We forced him to change his long-range plans and move national HD off 61.5 (or was he planning this anyway and just decided not to implement the interim step)?

Scott, so you're saying that Charlie is now blaming us for not moving HD over to the new satellite when it arrives? If only we would have trusted him all would have been well in a month? We forced him to change his long-range plans and move national HD off 61.5 (or was he planning this anyway and just decided not to implement the interim step)?

Sounds to me that Dish has decided that they are spending a lot to move people off of 61.5/110/119, so they are going to maximize their investment and go ahead and use 72.7 for HD in the future. This frees them up from the 61.5/129 balancing act.

Sounds to me that Dish has decided that they are spending a lot to move people off of 61.5/110/119, so they are going to maximize their investment and go ahead and use 72.7 for HD in the future. This frees them up from the 61.5/129 balancing act.

Yea, that sounds reasonable, although how wise a decision financially it would be also depends on how many people are left with what now I'm sure Charlie is referring to as "legacy setups". :)

If they intended to move the new HD back to 61.5, they should just say so and tell the whiners to be patient while they play musical satellites.

And also opens up the possibility of full-time HD RSNs, now that the bandwidth would be available on 61.5. While not all RSNs offer 24/7 HD programming, at least we wouldn't have to play musical chairs with "Will my game be in HD tonight??"

DISH needs to go ahead and upgrade all subs that are in eastern arc areas to eastern arc dishes, especially if they are HD subs. Charge 15.00 for it and then credit it back to the subs at 5.00 a month till it is done. Then it won't matter if the hd is on 72.7, 77 or 61.5 sats. Same as on western arc dishes you have hd strung out on 110 and 129 sats. DISH should of announced this prior to the launch of the new hd, that they would schedule an upgrade to the eastern arc dish ,at least a couple of weeks out so everyone could of been ready for the launch . INstead of the half ass way they did this . As usual it caused irritation and frustration and more bad will towards DISH, over the way they are handling it now.

Certainly sounds like the plan to me. An accelerated move over to EA & WA.

And I'd gladly accept the fractional pennies rounded off on the bill amounts from the "second tier company" that built itself from scratch. I'd be rich. Or rich enough. :p

OT: After watching my neighbor across the street for the last half hour, I'm now in favor of requiring some kind of "snow & ice" test for driver's licenses. ;) (and no, I'm in no position to help her.)

a cut to the chase question

I am a novice and have been reading many threads. I currently have two dishes, one for 110/119 and the other for 61.5. I am not currently getting the new HD channels. Am I correct in my interpretation that I will be getting the new HD stations, but it will be about a month? If so, is it because a new bird is going to 61.5? If not, why can I not get the new Hd stations if I currently have a dish pointed at 61.5? Thanks in advance for any help.

Until the sat at 61.5 is replaced with another more stable one, I am sure that DISH isn't going to add any more new hd at that slot. So 72.7 will be needed as well as 77 possibly. If you want to be "future proofed" , and I use that word loosely , you need to either upgrade to eastern arc 1000.4 sat dish or western arc 1000.2 sat dish. Who knows what kind of dish we will be using later this decade.

Until the sat at 61.5 is replaced with another more stable one, I am sure that DISH isn't going to add any more new hd at that slot. So 72.7 will be needed as well as 77 possibly. If you want to be "future proofed" , and I use that word loosely , you need to either upgrade to eastern arc 1000.4 sat dish or western arc 1000.2 sat dish. Who knows what kind of dish we will be using later this decade.

I am a member of the 61.5/110/119 club, and I want to be future-protected, of course. I am concerned, however, about the bad results some people are getting when they convert to the 1000.2 or the 1000.4. In this and other threads, I have read about 1000 dishes that shake in the wind because of their greater size, tear loose from their supports because of wind and weight, and transfer a poorer signal than the 500's they replace. My conclusion, based on what I have read this week, is that the 1000 is a solution for some customers but not for everyone. I was intending to order it this week, but after having read this forum, I have decided to hold off for a while.

I am also not going to be in a rush to re-point the 61.5 dish to 129. I would lose at least one channel that I enjoy (ARTS), and since DISH has obviously not decided what to do, I might lose more in the future, as channels continue to be swapped around from one satellite to the other.

The ironic thing is that as a result of following the discussions on this Forum, I am better-informed that 99% of the DISH subscribers, but I am going to do exactly what I would have done had I not been so well-informed: for the time being, nothing!

I am a member of the 61.5/110/119 club, and I want to be future-protected, of course. I am concerned, however, about the bad results some people are getting when they convert to the 1000.2 or the 1000.4. In this and other threads, I have read about 1000 dishes that shake in the wind because of their greater size, tear loose from their supports because of wind and weight, and transfer a poorer signal than the 500's they replace. My conclusion, based on what I have read this week, is that the 1000 is a solution for some customers but not for everyone. I was intending to order it this week, but after having read this forum, I have decided to hold off for a while.

I am also not going to be in a rush to re-point the 61.5 dish to 129. I would lose at least one channel that I enjoy (ARTS), and since DISH has obviously not decided what to do, I might lose more in the future, as channels continue to be swapped around from one satellite to the other.

The ironic thing is that as a result of following the discussions on this Forum, I am better-informed that 99% of the DISH subscribers, but I am going to do exactly what I would have done had I not been so well-informed: for the time being, nothing!

You could get an eastern arc dish and run a side sat for 129 into the in port of the lnb, so you would get all 4 sats: 77/72.7/61.5/129. Or use western arc and run the 61.5 into the in port of that lnb and you would still get all 4 sats; 110/119/129/61.5. The eastern arc dish is about 2 inches bigger than the western arc dish and it does have struts if needed to keep it anchored. I recommend a pole mount because it is lower to the ground and easy access to work on it in times of snow , ice etc. I don't like holes in my roof either.

You could get an eastern arc dish and run a side sat for 129 into the in port of the lnb, so you would get all 4 sats: 77/72.7/61.5/129. Or use western arc and run the 61.5 into the in port of that lnb and you would still get all 4 sats; 110/119/129/61.5. The eastern arc dish is about 2 inches bigger than the western arc dish and it does have struts if needed to keep it anchored. I recommend a pole mount because it is lower to the ground and easy access to work on it in times of snow , ice etc. I don't like holes in my roof either.

I don't think I could do that, because I already have a fourth satellite: 118.7. Sorry that my earlier post misled you, and thanks for the suggestion.

Yea, I'm concerned about the size of the 1000.4 (and even 1000.2) as well (that's specifically why I changed from D* to E*). Being high off the ground, any 1000.4 I put up should probably have struts; unfortunately, the installers don't like to drill into brick so I'm sure I won't get them. Thus, I may be stuck with trying to hit 129 (even that dish might be a tricky proposition with no struts). Now if only my next-door neighbor would move and/or take his dish farm down.

Does anyone know the status of this move? or an eta when it will be in place if it isn't already. I apologize if this info is posted already, I searched but did not find it
Thanks

I have been reading about an install in Vermont where a dish 500plus is being used for a solution to this problem, in a WA config with 129, and the customer seems very pleased with the results. Again I apologies if this info is available elsewhere on the vast and wonderful site

Burlington, VT - HDTV - Page 128 - AVS Forum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)