Echostar Test on AMC2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satcustomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
California
Digital channel seems to have disappeared at it's regular location at 12196/H/3979. Anyone else experiencing the same?

It disappeared some time last week, came back on earlier this week, and was gone again today. It is annoying as most of the time it is the only thing on the satellite, and when it goes away like it has recently, you wonder whether it's your system that's screwed up!

Just scanned AMC2 and it's still not there. There are other feeds currently active, but the Echostar digital test channel isn't one of them.

AMC 2 replaced by AMC 16

AMC 16 has replaced AMC 2 at 85 degrees West.

Echostar VIP TV is currently using 19 of the 24 transponders. There signals are DVB-S2 using an SR of 27600.

There is a very weak analog and digital signal possibly coming from AMC 2. The analog signal says that AMC 2 has been replaced by AMC 16. I can't lock the digital signal as it is very weak. It's in the same location as before.

I rezeroed my 1m P* dish yesterday and I got the AMC2 test card just fine. Now whether or not they changed it to the new sat, now that I dunno. :confused:

I did notice there were more signals on that sat than normal...:)

There is a very weak analog and digital signal possibly coming from AMC 2. The analog signal says that AMC 2 has been replaced by AMC 16.
Affirmative!
The analog test card is still in place on TP 24, but it does have the notice stated that AMC2 is now AMC16.

Comes in with about the same signal strength on my 4DTV that the old one did.

Fred

There is a very weak analog and digital signal possibly coming from AMC 2. The analog signal says that AMC 2 has been replaced by AMC 16. I can't lock the digital signal as it is very weak. It's in the same location as before.

The digital Echostar Test signal has dropped significantly for me, from around 60% on the Pansat down to 15-20%. Know it's not my dish, as other LNBs on the dish are at their usual quality. Also got at least one feed last night (at a quality level I usually expect from feeds), so feeds aren't totally gone from the satellite.

Did notice it does take a lot longer to scan the satellite now (and of course it doesn't find any of the DVB-S2 transponders, but it knows there's something there and tries)!

AMC 16 has replaced AMC 2 at 85 degrees West.

Echostar VIP TV is currently using 19 of the 24 transponders. There signals are DVB-S2 using an SR of 27600.

The digital channel says: AMC-16, Tr24 85 deg W

AMC-2 has been replaced with AMC-16 at 85deg W

It does not look like this satellite will have much activity since it looks like there is only one transponder free on each polarity.

The digital channel says: AMC-16, Tr24 85 deg W
AMC-2 has been replaced with AMC-16 at 85deg W
It does not look like this satellite will have much activity since it looks like there is only one transponder free on each polarity.

I am getting a strong signal on the BUD. I have had problems finding this satellite in the past so I keep the test card stored so I can go right to it when needed. CSTV has been a regular on AMC 2, that could explain why their feeds have been showing up on AMC 15. I have found 1 football and 2 hockey games on 15 in recent weeks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts