EchoStar Unveils ViP-TV

The press release announced the launch of the VIP-TV service, but my spectrum analyzer is not showing any signals at 85 degrees west except for the Echostar test card on AMC 2. Perhaps they are waiting for their first customer before turning on AMC 16.

What I want to know, why is there a picture of the old cast of Law and Order on their page? Dont say programming, coulda used a better pic than L+O!

Unless Charlie is voting for Fred!

I believe that Charlie is having a party at his house TONIGHT. This party s for Hillary. I was invited but the cost to go was $2,300.

Err no thanks.. sorry Charlie.

I would go to just see who Bill was going to be with.:D I guess we know now what the retail chat will be about.

Its funny that apt complexes might have a better TV package than the rest of us soon. Even those who's balconies face north. MPEG4 only is quite liberating for a DBS company I would assume.

What about delivering high def channels to the smaller local markets using IPTV instead of eating up the satellite bandwidth?

What about delivering high def channels to the smaller local markets using IPTV instead of eating up the satellite bandwidth?

MPEG4 SD video is doable on most broadband connections. Some HD channels hit over 10 megabits. Not many affordable broadband connections out there can do a constant 10+ megabits for video.

MPEG4 SD video is doable on most broadband connections. Some HD channels hit over 10 megabits. Not many affordable broadband connections out there can do a constant 10+ megabits for video.
And don't forget, take that 10+ megabits and multiply by the number of customers in a given market, you need that much pipe between the provider and the customers. Not cheap.

Whats rdoesthat tehconoly used

hwo abotu suing ti at77west when the enw sateltiy si redy they rpevisly ahve a 26000sr test at ehco 4at77

when the enw staelitesiredy s ofer itthe enw sytem with dvs 2 forma so evitprircy withe n we emxio offereing starting on amrc 1rs quarte next year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts