What's the REAL reason L446 lost sound on OTAs?

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
:eek::shockedTo add to my conspiracy theories on DISH I am now Absolutely convinced DISH wants to destroy its HD customer base!

I am late finding out what L446 did to my OTA sound on the 622. A CSR could not tell me when it would be remedied--UNBELIVABLE!

Coupled with NO NEWER HD and comparable programming is $10/mo HIGHER YHAN DIRECT!!!!!!

AND......AND.....AND Dish cannot supply LOCALS in HD when DIRECT CAN!!!!!!

Is DISH doing layoffs or something that they can't fix the software loss of OTA sound? I get the same vague answer as when I ask about HD locals--outrageous.

There must be some ulterior motive...a CONSPIRACY!

Doesn't this void my contract as to the equipment & programming functionality?

Isn't there a credit due us?

I am gooooooonnnnnnneeeee, DISH

:eek::shockedTo add to my conspiracy theories on DISH I am now Absolutely convinced DISH wants to destroy its HD customer base!

I am late finding out what L446 did to my OTA sound on the 622. A CSR could not tell me when it would be remedied--UNBELIVABLE!

Coupled with NO NEWER HD and comparable programming is $10/mo HIGHER YHAN DIRECT!!!!!!

AND......AND.....AND Dish cannot supply LOCALS in HD when DIRECT CAN!!!!!!

Is DISH doing layoffs or something that they can't fix the software loss of OTA sound? I get the same vague answer as when I ask about HD locals--outrageous.

There must be some ulterior motive...a CONSPIRACY!

Doesn't this void my contract as to the equipment & programming functionality?

Isn't there a credit due us?

I am gooooooonnnnnnneeeee, DISH
Whoa!!!! If your tv has a built in digital tuner, try hooking the OTA to the TV and see if there is audio. If so, it's the receiver. Now before you go off half cocked into a Mel Gibson("Conspiracy Theory") frenzy look on here to see if others are experiencing the same thing. If so you may be correct. If not, it is very possible your individual receiver is the issue.
Patience

Whoa!!!! If your tv has a built in digital tuner, try hooking the OTA to the TV and see if there is audio. If so, it's the receiver. Now before you go off half cocked into a Mel Gibson("Conspiracy Theory") frenzy look on here to see if others are experiencing the same thing. If so you may be correct. If not, it is very possible your individual receiver is the issue.
Patience

His colorful ranting not withstanding, the audio problem for OTA is an issue some have experienced since 446. I've fortunately noticed no problems with the software.

He does bring up a valid point. Could the "malfunction" enable him to get out of his contract? I doubt it, but it would be an interesting angle.

Patience

It's definately a problem with L4.46 and they know it.

His colorful ranting not withstanding, the audio problem for OTA is an issue some have experienced since 446. I've fortunately noticed no problems with the software.

He does bring up a valid point. Could the "malfunction" enable him to get out of his contract? I doubt it, but it would be an interesting angle.
In my epxerience DISh will exahust (to the point of distraction for us techs) every option before considering a release from contract.
BTW the OTA reception isn't satellite. So IMO since there is no loss of the pay tv service, the customer isn't eligible for release. JMO.

I'm sure it is an unintended consequence of rushing to add the DishOnline VOD feature. They just don't test their code as thouroughly as they should. Didn't anyone in the Atlanta or Denver areas have any OTA problems when they first rolled L446 out there?

Has anyone tried to reset the hdmi connection under the analysis button? I had no audio on either my tv or my a/v receiver using both hdmi and toslink cables. I hit reset the hdmi button and the sound came back on both. Don't know if it would work or not but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Has anyone tried to reset the hdmi connection under the analysis button? I had no audio on either my tv or my a/v receiver using both hdmi and toslink cables. I hit reset the hdmi button and the sound came back on both. Don't know if it would work or not but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Yep no go. It only OTA and just some of them at that.

Yet again OTA is the issue, those of us that cant get OTA and so dont use have been saved the pain. I sort of glad i havent become dependent on it, of course dish gets no direct revenue from supporting it , so i wouldnt expect the diligence or the urgency on OTA. So maybe the conspiracy is to get rid of all the ota hd customers only !;);)

"BTW the OTA reception isn't satellite."

Nobody is talking about OTA being satellite, it's the software update that messed up the receivers and yes it's the software update and they're aware of the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts