What's the REAL reason L446 lost sound on OTAs?

It seems some customers are having problems with OTA audio even watching the show live, but my problem has been my dvr only records video without audio. Atleast I can swatch the shows live and switch my recordings from the satellite Hd locals.
My opinion on this issue is dish wants ppl to subscribe to local channels so this is a way to get ppl to subscribe while they claim they're working on it cause even if you cancel after the issue is solved they're still going to charge you atleast couple of dollars.

.....My opinion on this issue is dish wants ppl to subscribe to local channels so this is a way to get ppl to subscribe while they claim they're working on it cause even if you cancel after the issue is solved they're still going to charge you atleast couple of dollars.

I wish I could, but they don't offer my locals in HD. I watch them OTA from out of state (can't pick up the VA stations, but get MD) & I have to call the station on occasion to get them to "throw the HD switch" because they will show an entire night in SD if no one does. "pinheads":mad:

I sent an email to ceo@echostar.com and got a response back with an apology saying they know about the problem and are working on a fix (no time frame given). In my case, my 722 loses OTA audio when watching live TV on only a couple channels, but none of the OTA channels have audio when recorded. I don't subscribe to locals and it wouldn't do me any good in any case since HD locals aren't available via sat in my area.

Last edited:
See how fast things get fixed when we focus attention on the cause--now need focus on conspiracy of HD lite!

Guess I was lucky. Never lost sound on any of my OTA's.

... or maybe I'm just part of the conspiracy... hmmm...

Dish Senior Trouble Shooter (Retired)

Check your system info and see what sofware version you have. If you do not have L447, change your preferences to allow an automatic shutdown each night. The new version fixes the L446 issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)