ECHOSTAR XI - Launch Countdown Has Begun

what will be the capacity for HD channels with this satellite? Will national HD channels at 61.5 and 129 be moved to 110 and HD locals moved to those wing satellites?

I say November 15 at the earliest. If sooner great.

It's just a CONUS bird. They aren't moving it back and forth doing an BSS testing like D* did with D11 so don't compare their timelines.

Take a look at the Galaxy18 time. They had it up in service within a month. So I don't see E* playing around with it until November.

what will be the capacity for HD channels with this satellite? Will national HD channels at 61.5 and 129 be moved to 110 and HD locals moved to those wing satellites?

Very Interesting idea you have here, and for whatever reason in a meeting with some folks at engineer dept last month(they offered without explanation some new HD packages to our area that we don't have available right now) I think they can pull something like this,But only time will tell for sure.

Very Interesting idea you have here, and for whatever reason in a meeting with some folks at engineer dept last month(they offered without explanation some new HD packages to our area that we don't have available right now) I think they can pull something like this,But only time will tell for sure.

This satellite is replacing Echostar 8 which currently provides CONUS coverage for 110. It is speculated they might squeeze some more bandwidth out of the TP's by lowering the FEC. But there will be more room on 110 for more HD when the MPEG2 HD's are converted to MPEG4. I think that is in August or Sept, I can't remember.

The big benefit for this bird will be the AK and HI subscribers.

I say November 15 at the earliest. If sooner great.

I say possibly as early as August 15th and no later than September 1. My prediction is based on past Echostar non-spotbeam DBS satellites. What is your predication based on, how DirecTV diddle-donks with their Ka band satellites? I would not be surprised if E-11 is operational prior to D-11.

MPEG-2 HD on 110 W is suppose to be shutdown on August 1.

Fast Track

This bird will be fast tracked. It will most likely be up and running before fall sweeps. Probably just shortly after the HD MPEG 2 TO 4 conversion is done. There will be little testing that this national CONUS bird will need.

I am not sure if it has been posted but channel 101 or 100 (not sure which) will televise the launch starting 11:30 pm central time on Wed.

Yeah I think Ciel-2 is post to go up sometime this fall which will be good due to it will help out the 129..

.... But there will be more room on 110 for more HD when the MPEG2 HD's are converted to MPEG4. I think that is in August or Sept, I can't remember.

Didn't they announce an August 1 cutoff for replacing "MPEG-2 only" HD receivers? And all HD to be in MPEG-4 thereafter?

I say possibly as early as August 15th and no later than September 1. My prediction is based on past Echostar non-spotbeam DBS satellites. What is your predication based on, how DirecTV diddle-donks with their Ka band satellites? I would not be surprised if E-11 is operational prior to D-11.

MPEG-2 HD on 110 W is suppose to be shutdown on August 1.

Agree 100%..... Shouldn't take long to test at 138 then slide on over to 110. I'll have to keep an eye out over at 138 with the 90cm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)