Economical OTA Recording Equipment?

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
Don't know exactly what I'm looking for here, but, what I want to do is be able to record TV shows I receive that are broadcast OTA to my TV? Sort of like what I do with my satellite TV recorder only just OTA stuff.

What I'm looking for is just the basic stuff without a bunch of bells and whistles that I don't need.

Any suggestions?

Don't know exactly what I'm looking for here, but, what I want to do is be able to record TV shows I receive that are broadcast OTA to my TV? Sort of like what I do with my satellite TV recorder only just OTA stuff.

What I'm looking for is just the basic stuff without a bunch of bells and whistles that I don't need.

Any suggestions?

Do you have the Edision OS Mio receiver? If so, just add an ATSC USB tuner and EHD to it and record away. Works great.

Any suggestions?

A fire tv Recast DVR would be a good option or a Tivo Bolt.
There are many inexpensive OTA DVRs available that require the purchase of a 500Gb or 1Tb external drive for storage.

Reactions: edisonprime
No Mio receiver!

A fire tv Recast DVR would be a good option or a Tivo Bolt.
Don't deal with amazon and that Bolt is over $250 on Fleabay??

There are many inexpensive OTA DVRs available that require the purchase of a 500Gb or 1Tb external drive for storage.
Already have the hard drive, just need something CHEAP to record to it. Any links to a suggested DVR?

or if you insist on really cheap VW version, and want to make VCR style recordings using just PSIP data, there's this:
You didn't list anything after that? Am I missing something or is there nothing out there in the $100 range then???

Thanks

Link works for me in my original post. Disable your ad blocker

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-HOMEWORX-HW130STB-Converter-Recording/dp/B01EW098XS/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_til?tag=satell01-20&linkCode=w00&linkId=&creativeASIN=B01EW098XS

2:tuners, a bit cheaper than the 4 tuner version:
Code:
https://www.tablotv.com/products/tablo-dual-lite-ota-dvr/

4:tuners more expensive, but better:
Code:
https://us-store.tablotv.com/products/tablo-quad-over-the-air-dvr

You can always use a Hauppauge USB tuner plugged into a PC with one of the many free media centre style programs. The 950Q and 955Q are excellent tuners. If once you see what is there and want to move up to a full function PVR as well as multi tuners, the USB stick will work with the Edison as suggested earlier. (or expand your PC with multiple USB sticks) I do not have the Edison myself, but have a few TiVo's. They were pricey, but are excellent.

Reactions: TheKrell
Thanks for the links guys. I would have gotten back sooner but my neighbor died of cancer this past week so things have been kinda hectic around here since.

Ennywho, I'll check them out this weekend when I have time.

Meanwhile, one of my Micro HD receivers is taking a crap now?? Post for another section.

Reactions: charlesrshell
OK, after looking around I found a Homeworx HW-130PVR for only $28 shipped? Is the HW-150 in the above link $12 better than the HW-130?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)