Edision OS mio 4K and Kodi

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
Anyone successfully streamed their private movie collections on Kodi using Edision OS mio 4K? The issue is this; I can access my movie server and all the movies appear in the movie tab on Kodi, and displaying the movies sleeves, but when I click on it to play the movie, it doesn't play. I'm able to play the same movies on Kodi using Octagon SF8008. I have tried various images, on Edision OS mio 4K, but nothing works. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Note: I'm using Kodi as intended by the Kodi Team. Nothing illegal here.

I'm not using Kodi, but I have also been unsuccessful getting the Mio to play any content on my networked HDD's. I can play content from the Mio's EHD on the network, but not the other way around.

Yes, I have tried several times to get it to work here also. Would be really really nice if we could get that working. But, have plenty of boxes to play kodi on. Just would make things easier. :)

Yes, and it works fine. For some reason Kodi 17.6 and the Mio (I have a plus) don't play together very good. What I had to do is to transcode a number of my videos to a different format that this version of Kodi likes. A lot of my .mkv and .avi videos I had to transcode over to mp4 and then they streamed and played just fine. Some of my mkv videos play fine and others don't for some reason but none of my .avi videos will play on Kodi with the Mio. Never had the problem when I was using the Octagon SF8008 and Kodi 17.6 but with the Mio it's a different story and I have no idea why. I just convert the videos to what it likes and I'm done with it.

Reactions: primestar31
Yes, and it works fine. For some reason Kodi 17.6 and the Mio (I have a plus) don't play together very good. What I had to do is to transcode a number of my videos to a different format that this version of Kodi likes. A lot of my .mkv and .avi videos I had to transcode over to mp4 and then they streamed and played just fine. Some of my mkv videos play fine and others don't for some reason but none of my .avi videos will play on Kodi with the Mio. Never had the problem when I was using the Octagon SF8008 and Kodi 17.6 but with the Mio it's a different story and I have no idea why. I just convert the videos to what it likes and I'm done with it.

Sounds like a pain in the ass. It took long enough for me to rip all my blu-ray's to MKV.

I can't get mine to play MP4 either.

My videos are all different formats from DVD .ts streams to avi, mp4, mkv, ect. Try your different video formats to find the one that kodi likes in your setup and that would be the format to covert your videos to. Agreed that it's a big pain in the butt and not something that you should have to do.

For me I have a couple of identical external drives for my videos so I have a backup so it was easy just to find what Kodi likes with the Mio+ and then the external drive plugged into the Mio I have all encoded in mp4.

YMMV of course.

Yeah, don't want to go through that hassle. I tried different formats and every format plays fine, on any box I have tried excluding the mio. Just find it kind of odd, but I have plenty of other solutions. Just much easier on the wife if everything is on one box. She is used to having FTA and Kodi on all the Android boxes I have used over the years. She will survive. :)
I wish someone could figure it out though.

I ran into this a few years ago with a PS3 before Sony banned the use of Kodi on their devices. It was a pain to get MP4's to play on via Kodi on the PS3, but MKV's would play just fine.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Don't know if I can help but I just spent about a half hour setting up network file browsing on my Mio with openatv 6.3.
So far I can play MP4 and MKV files on the stock media player.
I mapped my HTPC with shared drives in the box. A little klunky since I've never done it before.

Kick my butt, chew me out, or whatever but I hate Kodi on the Mio. My Sony Bravia and Fire TV both run it so much better.
It was surprising though once File Commander, Network Browser, and Mounts Setup was configed, it went slick.
Next is to try playing around with Dreamplex in the Mio.

Does anyone know how to upgrade to Kodi ver. 18 on an Enigma 2 box? I will like to see if that will produce positive results.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

I think that would solve a lot of problems as all E2 images use a deprecated version of Kodi. I have read that it’s a pain for them to upgrade (something with kernel recompiling) but would be nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts